Trouble adding eSata drive
ttyler1999

Just got the 1.9 update in Newark, DE VHO8.
I am trying to add a 1TB Western Digital HD (I bought the model listen on Verizon's site).

When I plugged in the drive, nothing happened.
I then went to DVR -> Enable More Storage
On step 2, the screen says "Please wait while we check if your Set-top-box is capable of getting eSata service and enable it."

After a minute of "Please Wait" it finally says "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

Please help!

Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Re: Trouble adding eSata drive
pflufferdude

I have the same problem.  Just got the 1.9 upgrade on our QIP 7232 2, but the My Book AV DVR Extender that I bought a few months ago still didn't work.  I got the same message - "Please Wait" it finally says "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

What else can we try?

0 Likes
DisrupTer911
Enthusiast - Level 2

The QIP6416-2 can't even do extended storage space. no option anywhere for it.

0 Likes
ttyler1999

Well, all is well that ends well. I now have a working extrernal drive (Yay!)

@pflufferdude wrote:

I have the same problem.  Just got the 1.9 upgrade on our QIP 7232 2, but the My Book AV DVR Extender that I bought a few months ago still didn't work.  I got the same message - "Please Wait" it finally says "We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later."

What else can we try?

0 Likes
pflufferdude

Not sure why, but today I was able to enable the external hard drive.  It shows up as a separate storage device, so I expect it will begin using it when the other device is full.

0 Likes
pflufferdude

Mine works today too, but can't say why.

0 Likes
JBLOW131053
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tech Support told me last evening that they were still pushing out patches.  Later in the evening I tried again and my external drive was recognized successfully.

0 Likes