Switch Account

Trouble getting channels and picture for local stations.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble getting channels and picture for local stations.

Message 1 of 2
(405 Views)

I had the FIOS bundle but have dropped cable in favor of local stations, which I pay for. I can't access them, however. I would deeply appreciate a diagram of where the wires should go in the back of the TV and on the modem etc., in order to access local channels. The TV goes on and has images on the botttom of the screen (Netflix, You Tube, etc). Please assume that I don't know the basics about where the reams of wire behind my TV go and how they function.  Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Trouble getting channels and picture for local stations.

Message 2 of 2
(360 Views)

The coax cable that used to go in to your cable box plugs in to your tv.

Set tv input to that and change its type to cable (vs antenna).
Then do a channel scan.

Can't provide more details without info on your exact make and model.

But the instruction manual that came with your tv (or most probably can be found online) should provide details on how to scan, add and delete channels.

Also, make sure your TV specs state it has a qam tuner.

Newer TVs will older tvs may not.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.