Trouble with Music Choice channels
Investor74

I have had FIOS for a long time and I am just now experiencing outages with MC.  I went through the guided troubleshooting where I rebooted everything with no luck.  I the called CS who went through the same again and finally scheduled an appointment.  Just before the appointment, the channels came back so I cancelled.  This past week, it is randomly working or out.

I went outside and tightened the connections on my splitters.  I have two TVs and the problem occurs on both.  No other channels are affected, including a channel that I get above the MC channels.

0 Likes
Re: Trouble with Music Choice channels
Walkersara
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too have been having trouble for some time with MC on Verizon. Went through all of the trouble shooting that Verizon requested, although I knew it wasn't at my end. I even contacted Music Choice and they said nothing wrong on their end either. Verizon scheduled a tech to come out and look and see if they could find the trouble. Lo and behold the tech said as soon as I told him what was going on, "i have the same problem at my house with MC on Verizon and MY service is from a different location". So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, THE TROUBLE IS WITH VERIZON SOMEWHERE.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What problem are you having?

What model stb do you have?

Is it the regular channels or the new demand style?

My wife has been using them with no issues.

0 Likes
Chemdoc91

Ever since they "upgraded" the MC channels they have been awful. It takes 30 seconds or more to load a channel, the sound has been spotty (now there's sound now there isn't) and for the last 2 days no sound at all. Very tired of it but don't see any point in calling CS, they will not help.

0 Likes
New Music Choice is not good
StereoJeff

Why oh why did they change Music Choice? It was simple, straightforward and worked flawlessly! Now it is complex and confusing and the volume control does not work properly. It seems to log out of tv and then log into internet. MC was one of our favorite Fios features and we used it often. Now we are reluctant to do so because it requires a 5 minute effort just to get the channel we want up and running. PLEASE put it back the way it was!

0 Likes
Re: New Music Choice is not good
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I beleive they added more content and were able to do it this way.

Not sure if it was totally driven by Verizon or if MC was behind the change as well.

What model STB do you have?

As I said above, my wife has been using MC a fair amount.

And she has very little patience. So if it was buggy, I certainly would have heard about it by now.

0 Likes
Dragonet43

I've always enjoyed MC and was once able to simply select an MC channel and have it provide me with my favorite music. That no longer is possible since MC changed their system. My Sony home theater surrond sound has stopped working while FIOS channels otherwise provide audio througth my surrond sound audio device. I changed nothing - it just stopped working. Contacted MC but they didn't provide a fix. Someone here mentioned that MC now connects via internet.

The only other channel I have this same problem with is FIOS ch 941, Youtube - no audio. Could there be an issue with the Internet audio componant either with MC or FIOS, or both? I also agree - MC was great before MC changed it. They lost me as a customer - shame!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How is TV and sound system connected to STB?

I have Samsung Sound bar and have no issues with audio on MC.

I back feed audio out of TV to soundbar so that I can take advantage of sound system when watching other devices (ie roku or smart tv apps).

0 Likes