Trying to get STB's and Google WiFi on Same Network
Tamaques

Hello,

I am trying to get my fios set top boxes on the same network as my google wifi.  I'd like to be able to have all my devices on one network (google wifi) and control my home set top boxes via the Fios TV App.     I was able to set up the Google Wifi directly from the ONT and use that as my primary router.  I then connected the Google Wifi LAN to the Verizon Router WAN.  (I also disabled WIFI from the Verizon Router).  My internet is working fine but I am not seeing the set top boxes on my Google Wifi, unable to control the set top boxes via the APP and my DVR is not working on my set top boxes (using the verizon remote).    Any advice?  I am not super technical. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to get STB's and Google WiFi on Same Network
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Google how to turn quantum gateway into an access point.

0 Likes
mcooke1

What does this mean? What do you do if/when you set up as an access point?... I have the exact same question. I have a Google WiFi network that all of my devices connect to, but I can't get the verizon set top box to connect to anything other than the verizon router.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am not sure about google wifi, but check the subnet of devices vs stb.

Most likely, they are different.

Try searching to see if you can use google wifi in access point mode.
That will all all of your devices to be on the same subnet and then allow them to talk.

0 Likes
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS ?

Let us know if that solved your concerns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cACSO2PC3kU

0 Likes