Trying to play an AVI file on MR-DVR television

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Trying to play an AVI file on MR-DVR television

Message 1 of 3
(3,842 Views)

Hi all,

I got the multiroom DVR to work on my TV yesterday.  I downloaded and installed the MM on the computer, and it ran through some folders and added videos.

I can play those videos (home movies, etc) on the tv.  But, when I went to add an AVI file of a movie I had into Media Manager, it was loaded into the program fine, but when I went back to the TV, it did not show up on the list of movies.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks alot

Ross

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Trying to play an AVI file on MR-DVR television

Message 2 of 3
(3,825 Views)

@dakota74 wrote:

Does anyone have any ideas?

Ross

Yes, I have an idea.  The Media Manager video streaming is nowhere near ready for prime-time and should not have been released in its current buggy version.

I've had it through beta testing and it has NEVER consistently imported and subsequently played many of my videos, despite being in a supported format.  I don't see any progress being made on this, but they released it anyways.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Trying to play an AVI file on MR-DVR television

Message 3 of 3
(3,823 Views)

oooooookkkkkkkkk.........

Uh, anyone else?

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.