Re: Trying to remedy the "Channel is currently unavailable" error
gr8flscott

Hi. I had the same problem.  As per the solution, I went out and got a new coax cable.  Most of the channels are back, but there are a few that are still "unavailable".  Any ideas?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have more than one TV? If so, does it happen on all TVs? Which cable did you replace?

0 Likes
gr8flscott

I have another in the bedroom which is fine. 

I replaced the cable going from the splitter to the box. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do both TVs run off the same spliter?

If so, try swapping the ports on the splitter first.

If that doesn't change it, then try swapping the boxes around.

0 Likes
gr8flscott

They actaully don't.  I live in an apartment and each box has it's own splitter.

0 Likes
jeeter

For others who may view this thread, I also experienced a similar issue with channels unavailable, pixilation and other picture problems despite other channels being totally fine.   Do not underestimate the effects a loose or faulty coax connection can cause.  I simply had to tighten the coax connection to the wall plate and everything was solved.  Check the easy stuff first - calling VZ will only frustrate you.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes