Trying to set up replacement Remote to work the same way as the old one did
GrahamZ1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just got a replacement for my old FIOS remote. I was able to find the proper code for my Olevia TV using the supplied instructions. That's not the issue.

I really liked how the FIOS installer set up my old remote and I got comfortable with it. I never had to switch modes because everything worked intuitively. All of the buttons properly controlled the set top box, with the exception of the power and Volume buttons, which controlled the TV.  I really never had the need to power off the STB, except if I needed to reset it because of problems. And then I would just use the power switch on the STB itself. I almost never need to adjust anything else on my TV, because it's set up the way I like it.

I'd like one mode where the power and volume button only control the TV, while the Menu and all other buttons still controls the STB. My old FIOS remote did that. I HAVE tried setting it up (as it explains in the instructions) so that the power button controls both the STB and TV, but it doesn't work properly.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to set up replacement Remote to work the same way as the old one did
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please provide more information so someone can help you.
DO NOT INCLUDE PRIVATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Equipment Model Nos. ?
Remote
Set Top Box
DVR

TV

0 Likes