Turning on Fios - startup in Video settings screen
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

Beginning recently, everytime I turn on my DVR (it's the new high capacity DVR) it defaults to the settings screen where I have to select between 16x9 and 4x3.  Once I click on 16x9 everything works fine.  I am using a Harmony remote that is programmed to turn the STB on and off each time I turn off the TV.  This was working until a couple of days ago.  I have gone into the settings in Menu and confirmed that everything is set correctly.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Turning on Fios - startup in Video settings screen
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

This has nothing to do with your personal remote. These settings should be saved on the box itself. To fix whatever problem there may be with the box saving these settings, please follow these steps...

Press menu, then go to CUSTOMER SUPPORT, then IN HOME AGENT, then SET TOP BOX AUTO CORRECTION

If you are still having troubles, please send me a private message so we can look into this.

0 Likes
SimonMason
Contributor - Level 1

I tried that.  It didn't work.  Thanks

0 Likes
FIOSTIME

I just had Fios installed on Friday and I am having the same problem with my HD set top box.  Every time I turn it on, it asks me to slelect the size or TV type and it works fine after pressing the OK button.  My DVR works fine in another room. Please advise.

thanks

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Manually set this option in the box menu. Go to MENU , then SETTINGS, then VIDEO SETTINGS, then VIDEO FORMAT. Change it off of your preferred settings. Exit out of the menu. Go back in and set it to the desired option. This will correct that problem.

0 Likes
FIOSTIME

Thanks Anthony

I tried your method to correct the issue and it did not work.  I also tried another HDMI input.  Any other suggestions?  Another HDMI cable? Unplug the devices?

Thanks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

this happened to me at first, and I got really annoyed, and then I made the opposite selection to what I was doing, and it went away.   never to return.    so I Was selecting hdtv over and over and over, I Finally choose sd tv and viola.     so maybe it will work for you   

FWIW  picture quality was not compromised.

0 Likes
FIOSTIME

Thanks - that method does not seem to correct the issue for me.  It's weird because when the installer was there, that setup screen never appeared and he just told me that it when it does show up, select HD etc.

Any other ideas to correct other than never turning the set top box off?

0 Likes
Stolli
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's what I did, might work for you. When the screen pops up select SD. Then go to menu / settings /  Video Settings / Graphic Settings and change to HD. Exit out and turn everything off. Then restart and see what happens.

Good luck

0 Likes