Tv freezes for a few seconds 

0 Likes
Re: Tv freezes for a few seconds
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you be more specific?

Is it all channels?
If you have more than 1 STB is it all of them?
What model STB(s) do you have?

0 Likes
Oigirltype4d

That’s all my tv shows do lately is freeze several times a day and the shows I watch always freeze! And I’ve had I repaired several times since I’ve had the FIOS do a repair and it helps for a little while and returns! It’s very frustrating!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Same questions as I posted previously.

What has Verizon done?

0 Likes
mrmarkcole

I have this same issue.

It affects all channels and there does not seem to be any pattern for when it happens - except at the most critical part of the show we are watching.  😞

We have a single STB, 1 TV, no DVR and Gigabit service.  Our STB is a model CHS 335HDC.

We have tried resetting the STB, router, etc. and this doesn't

seem to have any effect.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried tightening all coax connections starting at ONT all the way to STB?

If you have, it may be that the box is failing.

You would need to contact suppoer 1800Verizon or twitter @verizonsupport

0 Likes
AlanH3

We have had the same problem since FIOS was installed.  A channel will freeze.  Other channels seem ok.  Only a reset/reboot will clear the condition.  Verzion repair has been out three times and cannot fix the problem.  My own opinion is that the firmware on the box is not up-to-date and the unerlying Linux OS is not very well designed.   The OS has a lot of overhead and a lot of things going on in the background.  I have no internal details on this but I know from working with operating systems for more than 40 years that software is usually the problem child.   I had DirecTV before I switched to FIOS and I am very sorry that I did that.  DirecTV has better boxes, better software, easier to use interface and remote controls.  I'm going back to DirecTV.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

I have never had issues with channels freezing due to box issues.

I have had everything from the 64XX to 7XXX to now the Quantum series (I have never had Cisco boxes).

My experience is that channel issues are either coax related or a problem with ONT.

0 Likes
tkc728

Have the same issue. Had 4 tech visits who checked all internal wiring, no issue was found with any wires or connections. Techs replaced their FIOS equipment two times, each time there is a minor improvement, but freezing continues.  When asked all 4 techs, to include two senior techs, advised after seeing the issue themselves, they had no idea what the cause was.. The equipment replacement was simply a blind effort to resolve it.

I am convinced Verizon is well aware of their signal issue and is unable to resolve it or acknowledge it is a network issue.... I spoke with my neighbors who have also experienced this issue as well leading me to believe the issue rests with Verizons signal itself...  I am at my wits end and preparing to drop Verizon for another media subscriber.  The only item not replaced is our DVR yet each tech advised the DVR would have no effect...

0 Likes
tkc728

Fios STILL pausing randomly.  I note that it seems to occur when recording on another channel and was wondering if anyone has looked at this as the cause ??

0 Likes