Re: Tv freezes for a few seconds
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tkc728,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
TV Picture randomly freezes for 1 to 2 seconds Verizon Tech has been here 5 times no help !!
tkc728

I have had my FIOS tv picture freezing for a seond to three seconds on all channels at random times EVERY DAY.  I have had the techs here 5 times to include the supervisor and the problem was viewed by every tech, they replaced all of FIOS equip, checked all my internal lines and said they have no clue why the picture is freezing.  Have dedicated over 24 hours in waitng and calls...This has been going on for 5 months....countless calls to tech.. ntm the 5 personal visits.. STILL NO ANSWERS  and they watch the problem actually happening !!!   Billing is supposed to offer sme credit WOW ... I am disgusted. One tech even was honest and told me we are phone guys..not TV guys. !!!!    IS ANYONE IN FIOS OUT THERE  !!  My monthly bill for FIOS is over 250

!  I am currently calling SPECTRUM to discuss getting their service and moving on from FIOS ... Last call was to a tech supv who claimed he was elevating this issue to a District Level and than told me he was reaching out to a manager to discuss a refuned of some sort. they offered me a credit of about 60.00 but promised it would be higher...what an insult..  that was two days ago and guess what....not a word from FIOS>.. Hey FIOS call me, I posted this on my account so you have my contact #... signed disgusted..

0 Likes
Accountant2

I have been having the same issue for months.  The signal will freeze while I am watching TV.  It is especially true while watching programs on the DVR.  The program will freeze anywhere from a few seconds to 15 minutes.  There have been times that one recording will get mixed with an entirely different show and the two will go back and forth.  This is a killer when small children are watching.  I have called Verizon a few times.  Once told it was their equipment and the next told that it is an issue within my house.  This is after I went around and checked all of the coaxial cable (NOT FIBER OPTIC WIRE (FIOS)).  They want me to pay them to fix it.  EVERYONE that I have spoken with has the same trouble.  Hey FIOS, the problem is YOU.  I am fed up since Verizon has done nothing to help.  If I wasn't locked into a contract, I would have switched since they clearly don't care about their customers.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Accountant,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
NJShoreguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Based on my review of various threads for the past 2 hours, this has been going on w/ customers for 4+ years.   It has been happening to me here @ the central NJ Shore for 6 months.  

There is no way to tell when it will happen, although always in HD. The picture freezes for a few seconds; sometimes it picks up where it left off, while other times it skips what occurred during the freeze. 

My fios bill is $270 per month. 

0 Likes
NJShoreguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also, it seems to happen more in live HD sports broadcasts than in nonsports. 

0 Likes
TV Freezes for a Few Seconds
Virginia68
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looking for some help with my FiOS TV freezing for a few seconds no matter which TV I'm watching. Tried contacting techincal service once aready, but that didn't fix the problem. Feel like I'm paying for 'Lexus' quality, but actually getting something less. Been a loyal Verizon customer for some years, but that doesn't count for anything anymore.     

NJShoreguy
Enthusiast - Level 1

This seems to be a Fios/only problem. If Fios doesnt come up with a fix by year-end I an seitching to Direct TV

0 Likes
jvan2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've had this problem on and off for a couple years.  Tech support has reset the unit several times, but the problem doesn't go away.  MSNBC is the main channel I notice it on... but it has happened on others.  I'm also considering going back to Charter; my neighbor is still on it and seems to have no complaints.  FIOS is getting more and more expensive. 

ricksza
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has been acting up for longer than I can remember. It acts up on many channels and also HULU when I tried that. I started getting serious with Verizon in October 2018. Since then, I, had the set top box replaced 3 times, the router was replaced, the Optical Network Terminal replaced, the Battery Backup Unit was eliminated and the Power Supply Unit was replaced. I replaced the splitter then Verizon replaced it too. Before that, I ran all new coax cable throughout and replaced the TV. The most common suggestion I've gotten was "Let's upgrade the set top box" (at an additional cost of $60 per month) and see if it helps (no guarantee).

0 Likes