Tv sound interuptions
ejs0119

About once or twicw a hour the sound on the TV is interuupted for about 2 seconds.  After the interuption the sound picks up but I miss what was said.  This happens on all three of my TV sets.  I have tried all the in house remedies.  This has been going on for almost a year.  Every time I look for a resolution they say it was cauised by an outage.  They must have outages once or twicew every hour

0 Likes
Re: Tv sound interuptions
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Besides the sound dropping out, are you having any types of picture disruption at any time??

0 Likes
Re: Tv sound interuptions
ejs0119

no

0 Likes
Re: Tv sound interruptions
PaulieP1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you using an HDMI connection?  I had the same problem.  Verizon reps say that the HDMI interface isn't standardized among manufacturers, so their boxes have problems with some TVs.  Updating the software that the STB (Set Top Boxes) use isn't easy because fixing it to work with one manufacturer's TV can suddenly cause a problem for another model that was working fine before.  At least this is what Verizon will tell you.  Unfortunately, I can't find a Verizon rep that can explain why blu-ray players and other HDMI connected devices don't suffer from the same problems.

If you are using an HDMI connection between your STB and TV, the solution is to switch to a component cable connection.  It worked for me.

0 Likes