Switch Account

Two DVRs - HM and regular

Two DVRs - HM and regular

Copper Contributor ejkkjh
Copper Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(4,139 Views)
I have two DVRs, one is a home media.  I can not see/share recorded programs from the HM DVR with the other DVR.  Is there a way to do this?  I have two other set top boxes, they see the recorded programs on the HM DVR.  Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 2 of 4
(4,132 Views)
As of this time we assign one DVR as  your Home Media "HUB" so to answer your question  No you will not be able to pull recordings from the "Other" DVR.  You would have to assign the other DVR as the "HUB" then you would only be able to use that DVR to pull recordings from.  If you would like me to switch the HUB in your home to the other DVR then feel free to PVT MSG me and I can do it for you.
Message Edited by FIOSTechJoe on 07-23-2009 06:15 AM

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

Copper Contributor ejkkjh
Copper Contributor
Message 3 of 4
(4,114 Views)

Sorry, I guess I did not word the question right.  Can I see the recordings that are recorded on the HM DVR on the DVR that is not a HM DVR?  My Home Media DVR is in the family room and the other DVR (not HM DVR) is in the sunroom, can I view recorded programs in the sunroom that are recorded on the DVR in the family room.  I can see the family room recordings on the other two STBs in the bedrooms but not in the sun room.  So question is if you have two DVRs one is a HM DVR can you view its recrodings on the other DVR?  Hope this makes sense.  Thank you....

Highlighted
Employee Emeritus Employee Emeritus
Employee Emeritus
Message 4 of 4
(4,111 Views)
Currently you would not be able to pull a recording from the Home Media DVR onto your other DVR. 

Joe D
Verizon Telecom
Fiber Solution Center

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supercede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.Follow us on Twitter™!

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.