Two DVRs keep rebooting when doing guide searches
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have two 7232 DVRs that are side by side. When trying to do a guide search, the search will slow down and many times the DVR will reboot. It even appears to be slow when hitting the search or DVR buttons. This has been going on for about a month. Both DVRs have 2TB external drives. The hardware configuration has been the same since Verizon allowed the attachment of external drives. Verizon technical support recommendation is to replace both DVRs. This makes no sense, since both DVRs are experiencing the same symptoms. Does anyone have any suggestions what may be causing these issues. Also, there will be a big data lose if the DVRs have to be replaced.

0 Likes
Re: Two DVRs keep rebooting when doing guide searches
mike4942

I'm pretty sure I have the same problem as you but I only have 1 DVR with a 1 TB external WD external drive.  I also do not think there is a hardware issue with my DVR as verizon customer support told me yesterday.  I live on long island and noticed that every time I turn on the STB, the channel defaults to channel 1.  It did not do this until recently which, I think coinsides with this rebooting problem that you described. If you disconnect the external drive, I bet you will not have this problem with the reboot when perfroming searches.  It seems to me to be a bug with there latest software update but not sure.  Perhapps I can have verizon customer support reinstall an earlier SW version and see if the problem goes away. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

these features are reliant on the router to do this stuff.  If you haven't had the router rebooted or factory reset, then you may want to do that.

after you reboot the routers, then reboot the set top boxes and try it again .

0 Likes
KenEhrsam
Enthusiast - Level 3

I put in a similar request to another Verizon forum. Their recommendation was to unplug both DVRs and than power cycle the router. This appears to have worked. It has been stable since Friday, August 1st.

P.S - Verizon did a factory reset which did not fix the problem.

0 Likes