Two Fios TV One Questions (Help please!)
LazzZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

Really want to make the switch from the Legacy Boxes that I have to the new TV One boxes, but I just have 2 questions that will help me greatly.  Hoping for some help!

1.)  I currently have the legacy 7232 DVRs and 7100 STBs.    I read somewhere that the Remote Control that I use on these boxes can also be used on the TV One boxes.  (I believe I read that in one of these forums!).    I do realize the new remote control on the TV One boxes is Bluetooth, etc.   BUT, is this true --- can I use the old remote controls if I wanted?   Has anyone actually tried this, and knows for a fact that this works?

2.)  In my home, we currently have 2 DVRs. (Two 7232 DVRs).    With the Multi Room DVR functionality, each DVR has its own recording space and capacity.   AND, we can access either of these 2 DVRs from any other STB/DVR in the household.  (On the DVR Menu, you can choose either DVR "A" or DVR "B", and view the recordings on each).     IF I were to get 2 DVRs on this new TV One Equipment, can I replicate this setup?   Will it remain the same?   

The answer to this one is going to help me determine whether I switch or not.   I need that functionality!    Does anyone use this setup, and can vouch that this is, in fact, the case?

Thanks in advance everyone!

0 Likes
Re: Two Fios TV One Questions (Help please!)
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes the new stbs support the old remote. Bluetooth is for the voice remote.

My understanding is that recordings are separate sections.

LazzZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry to be a pain, but just looking for some other confirmation out there that a "Dual DVR" can be set up in TV One, just like legacy FIOS.     I want to upgrade to the new boxes, but not unless I can be sure that I can replicate a "2 DVR" setting, where any STB can access either of the recordings on both DVRS -- and that both DVRS will be separate storage devices.   

Can anyone help or confirm?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@LazzZ wrote:

Sorry to be a pain, but just looking for some other confirmation out there that a "Dual DVR" can be set up in TV One, just like legacy FIOS.     I want to upgrade to the new boxes, but not unless I can be sure that I can replicate a "2 DVR" setting, where any STB can access either of the recordings on both DVRS -- and that both DVRS will be separate storage devices.   

Can anyone help or confirm?  Thanks!

Yes you can have 2 DVRs with separate storage but instead of “Enhanced DVR service” ask for “Premium DVR service”. Then you will have 2 DVRs and any other TVs you have will connect to the mini clients.