Switch Account

Two IR receivers into one IR Input Port

Two IR receivers into one IR Input Port

Contributor dc10580
Contributor
Message 1 of 4
(681 Views)

I have two TVs connected to one STB (QIP 7100) -- they are in adjacent rooms. We only watch one TV at a time, but I want to have an IR receiver in both rooms so I can control the STB from either room.  I see there's an IR extender in the Verizon online store which can plug into the input jack ... but two questions:

1.  If I plug the extender into the IR input jack, will this disable the IR receiver in the STB itself?

If the answer to 1 is No then I'm all set.  If the answer is Yes, then the next question is:

2.  Is there a product that has two IR receiver eyes so I can put one in each room?  

or

3. If I buy a 3.5mm jack splitter and then attach two IR extender cables to it, will that work?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor shooters00
Contributor
Message 2 of 4
(482 Views)

Does anyone have the answer to this?

Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III
Message 3 of 4
(475 Views)

(1) Yes.

(2) Yes, many, e.g. see this site.

(3) No.

Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Message 4 of 4
(436 Views)

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.