USA Network HD channel reception problems
elisabetsy40

My USA Networks HD channel is awful.  It is pixelating and has horizontal lines running through.  I DVR'd programs yesterday and they were practically impossible to watch.  This is the only channel that has a problem.  I tried unplugging and re-plugging everything in. with no change.  Is this a Fios issue or an issue with the network itself?  The regular (non_HD) channel looks fine.

0 Likes
Re: USA Network HD channel reception problems
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@elisabetsy40 wrote:

My USA Networks HD channel is awful.  It is pixelating and has horizontal lines running through.  I DVR'd programs yesterday and they were practically impossible to watch.  This is the only channel that has a problem.  I tried unplugging and re-plugging everything in. with no change.  Is this a Fios issue or an issue with the network itself?  The regular (non_HD) channel looks fine.

When you say you unplugged and re-plugged everything, does that include all connections on the coax line all the way from the ONT to the STB itself, including any splitters? 

0 Likes
sharona211

I have been having the exact same problem and it is happening on 2 different tvs (one has dvr and the other doesn't).  This happens whether I try to watch the show live or dvr'd.  The quality is anywhere from frustrating to unwatchable.  If I watch the show on demand it is not an issue.  This is only happening on USA HD channel.    

0 Likes
sharona211

To follow up on this, I called the fios support center and the rep walked me through a few checks.  The network diagnostic was showing a SNR value of 33 which it said was "good" but the rep said that was not that good.  He suggested I check the connections which I explained that I had already done.  I had checked the tv and box connections but he asked if I had the signal "split" anywhere that I could also check.  We do have a couple of splitters that are accessible in the basement so I checked them and sure enough, one had a loose connection.  He explained that if the splitter is not fully connected or isn't working properly it can affect only some channels.  Anyway, went back to recheck the diagnostic and sure enough the SNR value is now 44 and the signal is working perfectly.  

To run this diagnostic yourself on a particular channel, go to that channel and then hit Menu on the remote.  From there use the following path:

Customer Support

In Home Agent

Network Diagnostics

Check Network Connection

then hit Info button on the remote for details 

I was told that the signal should be at least 34.  

Hope this helps someone else!

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@sharona211 wrote:

To follow up on this, I called the fios support center and the rep walked me through a few checks.  The network diagnostic was showing a SNR value of 33 which it said was "good" but the rep said that was not that good.  He suggested I check the connections which I explained that I had already done.  I had checked the tv and box connections but he asked if I had the signal "split" anywhere that I could also check.  We do have a couple of splitters that are accessible in the basement so I checked them and sure enough, one had a loose connection.  He explained that if the splitter is not fully connected or isn't working properly it can affect only some channels.  Anyway, went back to recheck the diagnostic and sure enough the SNR value is now 44 and the signal is working perfectly.  

To run this diagnostic yourself on a particular channel, go to that channel and then hit Menu on the remote.  From there use the following path:

Customer Support

In Home Agent

Network Diagnostics

Check Network Connection

then hit Info button on the remote for details 

I was told that the signal should be at least 34.  

Hope this helps someone else!

The problem and solution you used (making sure all connections are tight) is covered in many threads.  So one more time can't hurt.  In fact, if you read to an earlier post by me in this thread, you will see the solution.

0 Likes