USB HP TV Tuner not working...
captainclipper

I have an HP DV7-1451 laptop running windows 7. I am using an HP usb tuner.  After downloading some drivers the tv tuner worked fine. Now it doers not work at all. Whenever I load window media center to reconfigure the tuner, I get back a message that there is no signal. Has anyone experienced this problem? Has the tuner become defective? Are there other drivers thet need to be downloaded? Do I need a signal amplifier? Also, I noticed the tuner is very warm to the touch.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: USB HP TV Tuner not working...
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@captainclipper wrote:

I have an HP DV7-1451 laptop running windows 7. I am using an HP usb tuner.  After downloading some drivers the tv tuner worked fine. Now it doers not work at all. Whenever I load window media center to reconfigure the tuner, I get back a message that there is no signal. Has anyone experienced this problem? Has the tuner become defective? Are there other drivers thet need to be downloaded? Do I need a signal amplifier? Also, I noticed the tuner is very warm to the touch.

Thanks

captainclipper,

Hey, was just looking through some older forums and saw that this one was never replied to.  Are you still having issues with the HP tuner?  If so, the underlying cause could be any number of reasons from software to hardware to the signal the tuner is looking for.  As it currently stands, without a digital converter, you will only get local channels 1-49.  And this will only be until around spring when all analog channels are removed completely.  In any event, I know that the HP software looks for multiple signals (digital vs analog).  If you're not using a digital antenna then you'll want to make sure it's tuning to the Analog NTSC tuner.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes