×

Switch Account

USB on DVR

Reply
Contributor Scheezo
Contributor
Posts: 2
Registered: ‎03-26-2009
Message 11 of 15
(11,201 Views)
The tech that installed mine said the USB port is for an external hard drive.  He said once they figure out a way to charge you for that service.
Gold Contributor III
Gold Contributor III
Posts: 2,325
Registered: ‎08-05-2008
Message 12 of 15
(11,204 Views)

@Scheezo wrote:
The tech that installed mine said the USB port is for an external hard drive.  He said once they figure out a way to charge you for that service.

AFAIK that is incorrect.  Verizon and Motorola are working on E-SATA for the 7216 with no intentions of enabling USB.  No time frames available for when.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Silver Contributor V
Silver Contributor V
Posts: 1,340
Registered: ‎10-13-2008
Message 13 of 15
(11,150 Views)
guys I meant access to all ports sorry for the misunderstanding but it hasn't been decided as to how the use of them will be madeI know external HD access is one through esata.
Message Edited by Techman28 on 03-27-2009 02:05 PM
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV
Posts: 1,059
Registered: ‎10-21-2008
Message 14 of 15
(11,139 Views)

@Techman28 wrote:
guys I meant access to all ports sorry for the misunderstanding but it hasn't been decided as to how the use of them will be madeI know external HD access is one through esata.
Message Edited by Techman28 on 03-27-2009 02:05 PM

I think you mean HDD (Hard Disk Drive) not HD (High Definition)

Contributor m_archer92
Contributor
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎03-25-2009
Message 15 of 15
(11,127 Views)

@TimSykes wrote:

@Techman28 wrote:
guys I meant access to all ports sorry for the misunderstanding but it hasn't been decided as to how the use of them will be madeI know external HD access is one through esata.
Message Edited by Techman28 on 03-27-2009 02:05 PM

I think you mean HDD (Hard Disk Drive) not HD (High Definition)


I think he meant Hard Drive. "...external high definition access..." doesn't make any sense to begin with. -_-

How-To Videos
 
The following videos were produced by users like you!
   
Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.



Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.