Unable to access Encore Content in the App
SoxFanInRI

I just reached out to Starz/Encore because half the content on their app is locked to me even though I pay for Encore HD as part of my package. This has been going on since they combined their Apps into a single one. They stated that Verizon only authenticates Starz and not Encore so this will continue until Verizon fixes it which they've told them they are working on. This has been several months now since they did this and it hasn't been fixed. 

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue? Has anyone had any luck with getting this issue resolved?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to access Encore Content in the App
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Haven't seen any other posts on this.

have you reached out to support on this issue?

0 Likes
hotwirez

I'm having a similar issue in the Starz app on Android.  I haven't found much explanation when searching the symptoms online.  Many movies show a lock icon and when an attempt is made to play them, Starz says to contact my provider to upgrade my account (I think it specifically says "Unlock and load".  I've never seen this sort of message before, but I've admittedly not used the app in months, owing to the fact that new content is not added often.  I'm curious who is at fault for this behavior.

0 Likes
STARZ Encore Login Problem
jjcphd1

STARZ ENCORE titles do NOT play for FiOS subscribers on either the STARZ app or AppleTV.  I have contacted STARZ directly and they have confirmed that the problem lies with changes Verizon has made to how it is authenticating subscribers with the STARZ single platform login.  The only information available for months now is that STARZ is working with Verizon engineers to resolve this issue.  But STARZ indicates that it is entirely a Verizon issue that must be resolved.  This is particularly unfortunate for those FiOS subscribers that enjoy the classic retro TV series, like Magnum, p.i., Sanford and Son, Good Times, The Jeffersons, Different Strokes, The A-Team, and more.  Verizon, we are paying for this programming, but are are being prevented from viewing it because of an apparent unresolved login issue.  How about solving this issue already so subscribers can view content that they are paying for.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

So I just tried my android app and it workd fine.

Does your app say Verizon in the upper right hand corner?

That shows you have signed in with your Verizon account and are allowed access to content.

If you can sign in successfully and can't play content, I would say it is a Starz issue.

FAQ says to send email to hekp@starz.com

If you can't sign in, what error do you get?

0 Likes