Unable to activate remote DVR
red2001tj

I apologize for starting a new thread about a solved issue, however I have been unable to get anyone in customer support to fix my problem. I am unable to use the remote DVR feature on FIOS TV Central. When I sign in, I can view TV listings, and both of my STBs are listed in the My-STBs link, however I am never given an option to enter my confirmation code from my DVR into the website to activate it for use with the remote DVR feature. Here is the link to the "Solved" Thread.

Thanks in advance.

Message Edited by red2001tj on 01-25-2009 05:45 PM
0 Likes
Re: Unable to activate remote DVR
red2001tj

bump, Spent an hour on the phone with a verizon Tech who wasn't able to solve my problem because they STILL haven't received training on the feature Smiley Mad. He transferred me to billing, where I sat on hold for ~30 mins only to end up with Pennsylvania Billing (I am in Texas), so now I'm on hold waiting for Texas billing, who won't solve my problem because I know I have the required Home Media DVR. I know employees on this forum have fixed this problem before. Please Help!

Ended up with California this time - maybe the third time is the charm...

Message Edited by red2001tj on 01-26-2009 12:53 PM
0 Likes
Re: Unable to activate remote DVR
red2001tj

Well, I finally got ahold of someone who knew what they were doing through much persistence, and as it turns out this is partially my fault. I had the Actiontec box behind another router to fix the NAT table issues I was having, and by removing the other router, I was able to enable remote DVR. I figured remote DVR would work fine as On Demand, Media Manager, etc all worked fine. Hopefully, I will later be able to put the other router back in place as the Actiontec router's small NAT table is unacceptable, causing major problems with my work VPN (have a IP phone behind the VPN) and streaming Netflix Watch Instantly movies.

Will keep posted on switching the other router back into place...

0 Likes