Unable to control DVR via iPhone or Verizon Website
danmartyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep having an intermittent problem where I can not control my DVR via the Verizon website or the iPhone application. One day it will work great on both, the next I will get the "Network unavailable" or "set-top box unreachable" messages. I've rebooted the set-top box manually and also via the vVerizon website, with no issues. Still, I am unable to control the DVR daily.

Thanks

Dan

Re: Unable to control DVR via iPhone or Verizon Website
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Are you using the Verizon Provided router?  Have you tried to reboot that device?  All communication comes through the internet to control the dvr and thus the Verizon Router may need to be rebooted to clear some old entries that have not previously cleared out.

Jim

0 Likes
bevross
Contributor - Level 1

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Are you using the Verizon Provided router?  Have you tried to reboot that device?  All communication comes through the internet to control the dvr and thus the Verizon Router may need to be rebooted to clear some old entries that have not previously cleared out.

Jim

What is it to "reboot" the router?  More than unplug for 30 seconds then plug back in?

0 Likes
oofoofoof

At least your connection from the internet to your dvr works sometimes. Mine has never worked. I have a new dvr box and have tried for more than a week. I searched online, but got nothing. I tried to get online chat from the verizon "Contact us" page, but that crap does not work at all - get a blank page. I called Verizon help line twice, somebody was supposed to call back, nobody ever did. I am extremely disappointed and frustrated with Verizon. Today I sent my question via email. They are supposed to reply in 24 hours, but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

yes, simply unplug the power.

If you do that and it still does not work I suggest you reset the router to factory defaults by pressing and holding the reset button on the back of the router.  Since the problem is intermintent I think has to do with the router.

Jim

0 Likes