Unable to get premium channels with desk top hook up
janescolorsblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

The set top box (STB) is connected to the computers flat screen via an HDMI connection. I get channels 2-49 with no problem. Do I need an adapter or some other hardware to do get  HD and premium channels, on a desk top computer flat screen. I believe the screen is HD. The computer is only about 1 year  old.   Internet is working fine (just a little slow on some occasions) and I have an HD STB. My connection appear to be OK. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(Please note: Verizon support documents "High Definition (HDTV) service requires an HDTV, an HD Set-Top Box, and HDMI or DVI cables with an adapter." That is why I think maybe it's my equipment and not the hook up. What is an adapter for an HDMI cable?)

0 Likes
Re: Unable to get premium channels with desk top hook up
PJL
Master - Level 3

@janescolorsblue wrote:

The set top box (STB) is connected to the computers flat screen via an HDMI connection. I get channels 2-49 with no problem. Do I need an adapter or some other hardware to do get  HD and premium channels, on a desk top computer flat screen. I believe the screen is HD. The computer is only about 1 year  old.   Internet is working fine (just a little slow on some occasions) and I have an HD STB. My connection appear to be OK. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

(Please note: Verizon support documents "High Definition (HDTV) service requires an HDTV, an HD Set-Top Box, and HDMI or DVI cables with an adapter." That is why I think maybe it's my equipment and not the hook up. What is an adapter for an HDMI cable?)

You're using HDMI (not DVI)?  I just want to confirm before I comment.  What do you see on the screen when you try to tune to channel 600?

0 Likes
janescolorsblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Channel 600 is a black screen with some info at the bottom and "this channel is currently not available" in the center. I am using an HDMI which delivers sound and tv channels 2-49 to the flat screen with no problem.

0 Likes
janescolorsblue
Enthusiast - Level 2

Channel 600 is a black screen with "this channel is currently not available" in center. I am using an HDMI which delivers sound and tv channels 2-49 to the flat screen with no problem.

(I am using HDMI...I dont see a DVI-D port in the back of this box. ( STB is QIP7100 2))

So, my original question is does the HDMI cord need an adapter?

{Side noite:  Also should I assume that between the STB and the HDMI cord provided  that I have HDCP because wuthout HDCP the hi def content might not get through. ALso another question does my HDMI port on my computer need HDCP to the premium channels to go through?)

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@janescolorsblue wrote:

Channel 600 is a black screen with "this channel is currently not available" in center. I am using an HDMI which delivers sound and tv channels 2-49 to the flat screen with no problem.

(I am using HDMI...I dont see a DVI-D port in the back of this box. ( STB is QIP7100 2))

So, my original question is does the HDMI cord need an adapter?

{Side noite:  Also should I assume that between the STB and the HDMI cord provided  that I have HDCP because wuthout HDCP the hi def content might not get through. ALso another question does my HDMI port on my computer need HDCP to the premium channels to go through?)

Does the STB output channel 600 to a regular TV via HDMI?  If it does, them the issue is your computer monitor. If it does not, then call Verizon.

0 Likes