Unable to log into HBO GO using Android app
Stranger21

I am unable to sign into HBO GO account using the Android app.

Verizon Fios log in screen goes all black with nowhere to enter my information.

I am running Galaxy S7 Edge.

Anyone experience same thing?  Perhaps it is Verizon's website authentication issue?  Other company's login screen works fine.  Just having issues with Verizon Fios login screen.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unable to log into HBO GO using Android app
BenK3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Understand your frustration and there is definitely something related to the integration of HBOGO and Fios that makes the authentication process get stuck. I made one small addition to the steps that I posted earlier. Please check if this slightly modified version of the above process works. I was able to get this working on Samsung S8 and Samsung Tablet.

Go to Android application manager and Force Stop the HBOGO application followed by Clear Cache and Clear Data (I did not re-install the app)

- Open Chrome - Go to settings -> privacy -> clear browsing data for "all time"

- Then, make sure you close all Chrome browser tabs. Chrome should not be running and completely shutdown before you go to next step

- Then immediately openened the HBOGO app and try to Sign In. It should go past the fios authentication 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ho5000
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue right now on my LG G4. Any luck?

0 Likes
abscando
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue just now. Uninstalling and reinstalling Hbo Go did the trick.

Melissa112
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problem.I can't log in because the Verizon screen just goes black. Only on my phone though. But it is annoying!

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

As stated, have you tried removing and reinstalling app?

0 Likes
Melissa112
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did uninstall and reinstall and it didn't work .But I tried again and turned off my phone, then reinstalled and that seemed to do it.

0 Likes
Lizz4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone found a solution for this? I uninstalled and reinstalled hbo go and am getting the same message as stated previously. Is it a chrome issue? 

0 Likes
Schwenksville

Uninnstalling/Reinstalling did not work. Neither did clearing the app cache.  Verizon has an authentication web service issue for Android devices.  They should try fixing it.

0 Likes
logistician

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed.  I contacted HBO but then said it's Verizon's fault.

0 Likes
TK-4211

I've contacted both HBO and Verizon and both told me to take it up with the other. 

FIOS users are pretty much screwed out of access to HBO GO and we have to accept that or switch carriers.  Take VZ's already terrible attitude towards customers and add in the fact that VZ won't make one extra cent by providing us access.  That $0 benefit for VZ dictates how motivated they are to fix this.

0 Likes