Re: Unable to log into HBO GO using Android app
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have used hbogo on android a number of times without an issue.

Understand your frustration, but it is not an encompassing Verizon issue.

Domyou have problems with any other Channel apps?

0 Likes
BenK3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was having the same issue since yesterday and was finally able to resolve it by doing the following steps in sequence:

- Go to Android application manager and Force Stop the HBOGO application followed by Clear Cache and Clear Data (I did not re-install the app)

- Open Chrome - Go to settings -> privacy -> clear browsing data for "all time"

- Then immediately openened the HBOGO app and went to Sign In and then the Verizon login page appeared and was able to sign on and things are working for me.

Before trying this sequence, nothind worked for a long time. Hopefully this works for others as well.

Mlegemah

this didn't work for me. I've been having the same issue. this **bleep** app does not even load a sign in page. it gets stuck on 3 dots loading screen forever when I select verizon FIOS (my ISP). this version of the app clearly just doesn't work on some devices or whatever updated version of android people have. far from an isolated few instances.

just to add, SHowtime Anytime, AMC, every other app of this kind works. just an issue withHBO GO. and it's impossible to update the **bleep** app or chose an older version to install.  this is a Verizon issue. selecting any other random provider on HBO's list brings up the proper authentification page immediately. Verizon needs to stop passing the blame and fix this. 

0 Likes
BenK3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Understand your frustration and there is definitely something related to the integration of HBOGO and Fios that makes the authentication process get stuck. I made one small addition to the steps that I posted earlier. Please check if this slightly modified version of the above process works. I was able to get this working on Samsung S8 and Samsung Tablet.

Go to Android application manager and Force Stop the HBOGO application followed by Clear Cache and Clear Data (I did not re-install the app)

- Open Chrome - Go to settings -> privacy -> clear browsing data for "all time"

- Then, make sure you close all Chrome browser tabs. Chrome should not be running and completely shutdown before you go to next step

- Then immediately openened the HBOGO app and try to Sign In. It should go past the fios authentication 

0 Likes