Unable to record with my 2nd DVR
sovetskii52

I have 2 DVRs. The 1st one is model: HD DVR QIP 72161. I can record just fine with that one. The 2nd one is model: HD QIP 71001. When i click on DVR, instead of having the option to record a show/movie, i can only set a reminder for it. If i simply hit the red "Record" button on the remote for the 2nd DVR, it does not do anything. Is this because the 2nd model is not a "Multi-room DVR"? If it is, how can i connect them so i can do the thing in the commercial "Start watching it in one room, finish it in another". Note: I was able to log into my account, and found out that the 1st box is "HD DVR box", and the 2nd box is just "HD box". Maybe that's why? How can i find out if my boxes are Multi-room or not?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to record with my 2nd DVR
prisaz
Legend

@sovetskii52 wrote:

I have 2 DVRs. The 1st one is model: HD DVR QIP 72161. I can record just fine with that one. The 2nd one is model: HD QIP 71001. When i click on DVR, instead of having the option to record a show/movie, i can only set a reminder for it. If i simply hit the red "Record" button on the remote for the 2nd DVR, it does not do anything. Is this because the 2nd model is not a "Multi-room DVR"? If it is, how can i connect them so i can do the thing in the commercial "Start watching it in one room, finish it in another". Note: I was able to log into my account, and found out that the 1st box is "HD DVR box", and the 2nd box is just "HD box". Maybe that's why? How can i find out if my boxes are Multi-room or not?

If you are located in MA or NY which I believe are still the only locations running img 1.8, you will need to wait for img 1.9. 1.9 was scheduled to be loaded into all the STB and DVR hardware in these areas, but due to network issues it has been delayed a number of times. I believe the official word is "early next year" sometime after the first. If you are not in one of these loactions let us know. Or if you are at 1.9 and still have the issue, also let us know.

Even if you are running img 1.8 you should be able to watch recordings on any STB that were made on the DVR. MRDVR is just an option that is enabled for your system. Go to the help menu on the DVR and there should be diagnostics for troubleshooting MRDVR unless that is only in 1.9.

You can also contact tech support and ask them to assist in troubleshooting. They can also tell you exactly what is shown on your account. If MRDVR is on your account and not enabled, the could assist with resolving that. If Multi-room is not on your account.

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

You used to be able to enable or purchase the option through the DVR. DVR$15 MRDVR $20 monthly. There is also the MRDVR bundle where the mor you have the more you save, in regards to hardware and discounts.

0 Likes