Re: Unable to sign in on WatchESPN, HBO GO etc
thewebcobbler
Contributor - Level 3

Have these been fixed yet? 

WatchEspn, Starz, Showtime, Encore, and Hbo/Max?

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@thewebcobbler wrote:

Have these been fixed yet? 

WatchEspn, Starz, Showtime, Encore, and Hbo/Max?

Yes, as posted in your post in the other thread on this same topic.

0 Likes
thewebcobbler
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks PJL

0 Likes
thewebcobbler
Contributor - Level 3

Watch ESPN on my Apple TV does not reconize thatI am a FiOS subscriber. On my computer, it says that I have access, but on my Apple TV, all videps and clips, live streams etc have not been "unlocked" so to speak. 

What is going on? 

Update: Now it says that HBO is not part of my Tv package, as well as just beng able to finally activate Espn, that as well now says that ESPN is not part of my tv package. And they both logged me out. I can not log back in.

i really dont get it. We all just went through this with both apps just less than a week ago. Dont tell me both their servers are down again.

0 Likes
carlos
I can't access any premium channels too. the apps all say not entitled and to upgrade your package. I have all the premium channels. this used to work. did something break regarding authentication and entitlement.
0 Likes
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm somewhat relieved to see I'm not the only one. I am getting the exact same error:

http://www.screencast.com/t/i4n0BTFKiThe

I am however concerned that this thread has been running for almost a month.

I've only had this problem for an hour.

Do I need to do anything for FiOS to fix it?

Luckily I happen to have a Cablevision ID as well; I am watching my Sopranos with my Cable login for the time being.

It's extremely disturbing that I'm paying Verizon over $200 a month yet I personally pay Cable nothing, yet my cable login works and Verizon's doesn't.

0 Likes
Trouble authenticating HBOGo/Fios for AppleTV
edditnyc

I've authenticated my XBOX already but when I try to activate HBOGO for Apple TV (new) it says I'm not a subscriber. I have it active for all my phones, iPad and XBOX. Anybody else able to get it going?

0 Likes
thewebcobbler
Contributor - Level 3

FireFish, 

I too have a backup service. My backup is Comcast. For both Internet and TV. 

Anyhow, I believe that today's problem, (unlike what happened The other Sunday ago, which I believe happened bc everyone tuned in to watch Game of Thrones Finale) ... the HBO GO servers went down. Also the WachESPN servers did as well. 

Today's problem, ironically with both HBO GO and WatchEspn, (with their servers down again i believe) , is cause because Apple TV customers just recieved an update that included both HBO GO and WatchESPN directly through their Apple TVs. 

Before this, one could only AirPlay from their iOS devices to their Apple TV. Now it is a direct stream to the device. 

So, I believe that this is why those Servers are down this time. MHO of course. 

0 Likes
FIOSnotworking

As everyone, there is no choice to choose Fios or Verizon in the dropdown menu on watchESPN.  Additionally, after logging into the verizon page and going to ESPN from there, it doesn't work.

0 Likes
FireFish1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I respectfully disagree.

This problem which I'm experiencing is not HBO GO's fault; as you can clearly see in my screenshot, the error was during the FiOS authentication process by which Verizon checks if the account is provisioned for the HBO GO service.

I confirmed this by being able to log in with my Cablevision login without any problems.

I also confirmed this issue with MaxGo (which is essentially the same exact software as HBO GO just rebranded) and on both my computer + my Samsing SmartTV.

0 Likes