Unable to watch ESPN live event online.
Rnufer

For the past month, ESPN access has been unavailable. It worked fine before. Now when I try to watch a live event online, I receive a "User not authorized error" message on the video screen. And I am logged into Verizon simultaneously when this occurs. Anyone know what is causing this problem?

0 Likes
Re: Unable to watch ESPN live event online.
gsjdrr

I started experiencing this problem today. It worked fine until last night, but today an error started popping up "user not authorized" on both Mac & iphone. I am not sure how to fix this, googled for couple of hrs but no luck. Its so frustrating, I missed NBA games today. I am able to login to my verizon Fios and TV is working fine too.

Verizion support or Gurus..please shed some light on this issue.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

You might try logging out of WatchESPN and then logging out.  On another forum there is a thread that discusses that things broke in the past few days, and that clicking on the button next to the Verizon logo and then logging in fixed the problem.  See this thread.  You might try it.  (Although the thread talks about ESPN3, it pertained to all of WatchESPN for me and this fixed the problem.)

0 Likes
AndrewM2

I'm having a similar problem - User Not Authorized.  I can log in/out with no problem.  I also tried clearing temp files (including flash temp files) - no effect.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@AndrewM wrote:

I'm having a similar problem - User Not Authorized.  I can log in/out with no problem.  I also tried clearing temp files (including flash temp files) - no effect.

Have you tried logging out per the link I provided in my prior response?

0 Likes
fosojedi

I am having the same issues.  I cannot watch espn on my desktop.  I have tried logging out from the online viewer and re-logging it without any success.

All I ever get is "User not authorized".

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@fosojedi wrote:

I am having the same issues.  I cannot watch espn on my desktop.  I have tried logging out from the online viewer and re-logging it without any success.

All I ever get is "User not authorized".

Are you presented with a Verizon sign in page when you're trying to sign in using the web browser?  The pages has the Verizon logo on it.  Which web browser do you use?  Are you using a subaccount to sign in or your main account?

I just checked and all is working fine with the WatchESPN web site for me. 

0 Likes
ctm111
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm getting the "user not authorized" message as well (laptop, not the app), but ONLY for WatchESPN events, not the ESPN3 events.  As an Ultimate package subscriber, I'd like to think I can access all events.

Is this correct?

I have logged in, logged out, and then back in several times to no avail.

0 Likes
HalAlueya

Technically speaking:  Verizon and ESPN Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Same issue, User not Authorized Error.   

0 Likes
DoomFromAbove
I too am not authorized. I have logged in and out on both the website and the app. Nothing changes.
0 Likes