Re: Unable to watch live TV or OnDemand with FiOS TV app since update 05/20
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mcd7399 wrote:

I have actual proof you are wrong when you say there must be a reason why the old version couldn't co-exist with the new version or they would not break the link. Version 3.5 was released on November 5, 2020. FiOS broke the link, meaning forced upgrade on approx. November 17, 2020. My system worked with version 2.5 UNTIL FiOS required the forced upgrade !!!! That is approximately 12 Days of overlap that I have proof they could co-exist. You have NO proof of your statement, period !!!!! Supposition without proof should stop. Instead the community should work to convince FiOS to un-block the forced upgrade requirement and let those of us with formerly working systems to get back to that state. To continue to debate without proof is counter productive. PROVE me wrong by removing the required forced upgrade !!!!

Look, I don't have a pony in this show, I'm a user like you trying to help where I can. I can't give you the reason it doesn't work anymore, I'm just going by previous experience. Did you consider it could be a change to Android that broke it? Don't know from your posts if your device had an Android update. Could be some feature in the Fios update that didn't get deployed quickly. What ever it is, I can pretty much assure you they WILL NOT REVERT. Bring your complaint direct to Fios Tech by going to one of the following:

@VerizonSupport via Twitter is always the fastest way to get support followed by the Fios Facebook page, Chat, Community (since we do escalate issues), followed by dslreports.com and youtube and the very last should be the 800 number.

mcd7399
Enthusiast - Level 3

Trying to get my complaint to FiOS tech programmers is exactly what I am doing. As you can see from the history of the previous problem, filing out report tickets and calling on phone is a disaster. I need an administrator or users from this community with inside access to the FiOS app programmers or managers to lift the forced requirement to upgrade so I and others can reinstall version 2.5. Let us get back to a working app and leave us the hell alone !!!!! I know the problem and the fix. There are only two fixes. One - fix version 3.5 incompatibility - not going to happen. Two - lift the forced upgrade requirement so we can use version 2.5 - doable with the RIGHT help from this community or others.

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mcd7399 wrote:

Trying to get my complaint to FiOS tech programmers is exactly what I am doing. As you can see from the history of the previous problem, filing out report tickets and calling on phone is a disaster. I need an administrator or users from this community with inside access to the FiOS app programmers or managers to lift the forced requirement to upgrade so I and others can reinstall version 2.5. Let us get back to a working app and leave us the hell alone !!!!! I know the problem and the fix. There are only two fixes. One - fix version 3.5 incompatibility - not going to happen. Two - lift the forced upgrade requirement so we can use version 2.5 - doable with the RIGHT help from this community or others.

Have you tried DSLreports.com/VZdirect forum? That is a direct line to tech support.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello mcd7399,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact Verizon Support directly.

0 Likes