Re: Unable to watch live tv in Fios TV app on some channels
SusanMaryland

sakdc,

I'm really bummed it didn't work for you. I didn't realize the old FIOS Mobile app had been removed from the Apple app store. It's still available for Android. I encourage you to try a combination of uninstalling and reinstalling the FIOS TV app and auto-correcting your STB. There must be some combination that will work. I'd do it myself but I am not going to mess with it now that I have something that works. It seems to be a fragile system. I wish FIOS cared enough to prioritize this problem.

(You could always buy a cheap android phone to use the old app, and just keep it at home connected to your wifi, without attaching a calling plan to it.)

0 Likes
sakdc

I actually think it is good for getting help that it's a problem on both platforms.

Attention, Verizon: The newer android FIOS TV app and the newer apple FIOS TV apps (iphone and ipad apps) ALL are having the same problem -- limited functioning as if we are "out-of-home"/"not connected to your FIOS wifi router" when we are indeed at home and our mobile devices are indeed connected to our FIOS routers!! 

The Verizon chat support person I dealt with yesterday -- a horror show experience in frustration, 20 minutes wasted on baloney and the runaround -- directly blamed Apple for my app issues on iphone/ipad.  lol.  The phone support person was so much nicer and more helpful, with actual fixes to try, though it took me over an hour on hold to get her on the phone and none of the fixes worked.

The more widespread the issue, maybe, the faster the solution.  Let's keep this thread going till we all have a good fix!!

0 Likes
SusanMaryland

All my FIOS apps on all my platforms are now working this afternoon. I'd like to think I did something magical to make this happen, but perhaps FIOS got on the ball and took care of it for everybody. Nevertheless, I'm happy and I hope it doesn't happen again.

0 Likes
sakdc

Still not working for me at all on either iphone or ipad apps. Same issue.

Even just tried some stuff again, Susan's idea to reset set-top box (deep in box's Customer Support menu) and then re-installing iphone app fresh. 

Also went on twitter to try and get Verizon support there to help. Just tried to put me through the same customer serverice merry-go-round I went on yesterday. No one wants to acknowledge and take action internally there that the problem is on VERIZON'S end, not the user's end and not Apple's. 

0 Likes
sakdc

Good news!

Everyone who has had the FIOS TV app problem this week, check again today.

I woke up this morning and -- MAGIC! -- both my ipad and iphone apps work as they are supposed to, recognizing that I am indeed on my home network and therefore providing all content.

It was apparently a glitch on Verizon's end. They just didn't want to admit it and have chat/phone customer service folks just tell us it was a known error they were working on. That would have been so much more considerate. I would have wasted so much less time on this had I known there was never any fix from my end.

If you read the reviews of the apps from the last few days, most were complaining about this problem with 1 star reviews. Maybe that's what finally got this handled. Thanks, everyone!

0 Likes
SusanMaryland

I'm thrilled it's working for you. I still suspect the STB reset had something to do with it, even if there was a delay before the app started to work. I know it wasn't a coincidence that the old app immediately started working for me on two platforms after I ran the auto-correct on the STB. Maybe the new app just needed some time to catch up. Enjoy your channels!

0 Likes
sakdc

Thanks again. Susan! You were a great help and support .

However it happened, now I have my “extra tv” back, which is how I use the app on my iPad. Only had fios for a few months so also good to know how to dig into those set-top menus going forward.

Happy Fourth!

0 Likes
Mima2005

STILL getting the "not connected to router" message on both my iPhone and iPad when I am actually at home and connected. I've tried all of the fixes posted here (thank you) and three support (hah!) calls, but nothing changes. Frustrated beyond belief and one phone call away from cancellation.

Verizon, can you hear me now??

0 Likes
sakdc

Hmmm. Another thing I tried the day before it started to work for me was that I contacted Verizon support via Twitter, a few detailed posts and replies back and forth. Post and reply to all of Twitter, not via direct message though they’d rather go there, because that seems to get better attention. You can also see if it’s a larger problem with others on Twitter this week too, not just in the app reviews in the App Store, if you broadcast on twitter.

It could be something on Verizon’s end, which I suspect was the case for me. The challenge, imho, is getting someone at a high enough technical level to pay attention and do whatever they need to be doing.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mima2005,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes