Re: Unable to watch live tv in Fios TV app on some channels
dave999z
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another complete waste of about 30 minutes.  The person the moderator had me "chat" with (though it was more like exchanging emails because it took her 5 min to type the next message) took forever just to verify my account, then had no clue what the issue is and no access to anyone who does.  This "support" process is laughable.  After first not getting a rep because they were all busy, then spending 15 min with this rep verifying the account.

0 Likes
dave999z
Enthusiast - Level 1

My previous post may seem truncated and nonsensical.

It has come to my attention that the terms of use for this board do not permit users to repost private communications with Verizon support.

Nor is it permitted to discuss moderators' actions such as editing posts.

As far as this current technical issue, it remains unsolved having wasted a bunch more time starting from scratch with someone who had no technical knowledge or access to anyone who does.

Status remains that Verizon identified the problem, and that it is a network issue on their end, yet six days later have not fixed it.

0 Likes
sakdc

OMG. Your experience on this makes my blood boil for you, Dave. And it feels like deja vu.  

The customer service folks on the phone and chat are clueless on this issue, despite how recurrent it is. Plus these bureaucrasies RARELY acknowledge known defects. And that the chat person told you to get a new router even though it has nothing to do with that???!!!!! Outrageous. 

Keep making noise. I think it is your (our) only recourse on this issue at this point.

0 Likes
dave999z
Enthusiast - Level 1

Two more days gone by, and zero progress by Verizon.  I keep updating the ticket through the Fios TV app begging for updates, yet no communication (and of course the problem is not fixed).  And being contacted here by private message was useless. They log the complaint into a black hole and stop communicating. Verizon’s Fios TV app and tech support are a total joke.

0 Likes
sakdc

At this point, the only other thing I can think of for you to try, to get them to do the fix they must do on their end, is to reach out to Verizon in an alternative way. Conventional channels have ignored you. 

As a journalist, I have learned from other experiences that you can sometimes penetrate a huge nonresponsive bureaucrasy by contacting regional or even national corporate headquaters directly, maybe by phone or sometimes email.

Try LinkedIn and other seaching, like on their corporte website or social media, to identify and then find ways to reach out directly to executives with real authority whose titles look relevant to public relations, media and/or customer relations. Obviously, be especially respectful and polite and stick to the facts without emotion when explaining your situation. 

Again, good luck!

0 Likes
dave999z
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finally able to report that this functionality has been restored to the app for me.  I no longer get the “out-of-home” error message when I launch the app, and I’m able to live stream all the channels that I subscribe to, and can stream recordings from my DVR even if the recording is still in progress.

You know what ultimately fixed it?  Me neither.  I changed nothing on my end, it just started working again, so they must have fixed the backend IP provisioning error.

That’s notwithstanding the fact that every time I called they wanted me to reboot the router and ONT, and delete and reinstall the app, which just wasted time and never worked. Even when I told them that the app support people had already identified the backend IP provisioning error and just weren’t fixing it, rather than ride app support to get it done, they tried to get me to buy a new router from them, saying that was the problem.  Incompetence + racket = Fios.

I really hope I’m done with these issues now and can utilize the services I pay for.  If others experience this issue, all I can say is be noisy through all channels, and don’t let them tell you it must be your router so you should buy a new one.

0 Likes
sakdc

So happy for you, Dave. You never should have had to go through so much for this result. Glad to be of some moral support.

0 Likes
dave999z
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, I appreciated the support!

0 Likes
The Fios TV app insists that I am “out of home” although I am home and connected to my home router
Brinismom

For the past month or so every time I try to watch live TV on my iPad or phone using the VerizonTV app, it says that I am out of home and do not have access to saved DVR programs or most of the TV channels for live streaming. I have followed all of the suggestions on the knowledge based topics and none of them have worked. I opened a ticket about three weeks ago and got a response from Verizon that said there was a problem with my backend WAN IP address  and that they were escalating it to their network ream. After two weeks I sent them a response email asking if there had been any progress, but I haven’t heard back.  I sent another follow up email a few days ago and got a vague response about waiting for an update for the app. There hasn’t been an update for about a month. Has anyone else had this problem? And has anyone else found a solution? 

0 Likes
Re: The Fios TV app insists that I am “out of home” although I am home and connected to my home rout
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Brinismom,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes