Re: The Fios TV app insists that I am “out of home” although I am home and connected to my home rout
sakdc

Brinismom,

Regarding the app service you are paying for that is not working properly: Some would rather you take any frustrating experiences back to the closed-doors of the maddening maze of customer support bureacracy, That may be because the TV app, newly refreshed last spring, is embarrasingly plagued with this and other chronic glitches. Your problem is a recurring problem without an easy solution that continues to plague Verizon fios customers. So please continue to post here on your progress since it might inform/assist 1) any Verizon techie honchos should they dare lurk here, as well as 2) other customers who have been similarly failed by customer support.  

0 Likes
Re: The Fios TV app insists that I am “out of home” although I am home and connected to my home rout
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had the problem a while back.

Rebooting my router and VMS seems to have cleared it.

Have you tried that?

Re: Unable to watch live tv in Fios TV app on some channels
15paigecircle

When I’m out of town why can’t I watch some channels?

0 Likes
BosMark1

I had this same problem.    My issue is I turn off the FIOS Router Wifi and use an EERO.    Basically, what I see is the Fios App MUST be connected to the FIOS Router for you to get ALL channels. 

I went into my Fios Router, and turned the wifi on and created a Test SSID...and once I conected my IPAD to that new SSID, all the channels and the DVR worked.

So, they need to fix the FiosTV app to support people using other wireless routers on their home network as theirs is not that good.      

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV App
Labrador511

Same problem here.

must be new iPhone update 

iPad and iPhone has same problem.

tried android just now and worked

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV App
DlclN
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed this is a fios tv app problem they have not a clue

0 Likes
RonnieD2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem. None of the other post corrected my problem. I did find a solution. In the app settings. My app was not connected to my set top box named great room.

Go to settings on your IOS device and type in FiOS tv. Turn on local network, under, FiOS TV to access. Once I switched on local net work, all my TV channels showed on my device!

Birdie72

I had to uninstall and reinstall the app after fix Fios tv issues was completed and now it’s working.

0 Likes
Suave51
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having this problem with the NHL/MLB networks, but NFL network is fine. Says I need to be near my wi-fi, am home how near do I have to be. This is utterly ridiculous.

0 Likes
gpcnyc

I can’t believe that I’m the one with the answer to this 5 year old thread. 

The issue is that the app doesn’t work if you are connected to a mesh or other type of secondary wifi extender. 

You need to connect your wifi to the Fios router 

0 Likes