Unable to watch live tv in Fios TV app on some channels
Jennifer1162
Enthusiast - Level 2

A number of channels will not allow us to watch live tv through the Fios TV app.  Several channels have the following error message:  “This channel is only available to watch live when connected to your Fios Wi-Fi router”.  We are at home on our home network.  Channels with this problem include CBS, WETA, Telemundo, MPT, WGN, ABC.

Help would be appreciated.  Tech support chat through Twitter claims streaming live tv is only available with enhanced DVR service.  We don’t think this is correct.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to watch live tv in Fios TV app on some channels
chBisme
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here. Just downloaded new FIOS TV app on iPhone 8 Plus, and same prob and same message. Also, I DO HAVE Fios Enhanced, yet problem is same.  Annoying. Seems to think I’m Out-of-Home, but I'm home and on my Fios Wi-Fi router's network. Help!

Jon1001
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem.  Maybe it’s because I have a Fios extender router (but I don’t so as relocating to the primary Fios router doesn’t seem to make any difference), or because I changed the WiFi network names.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try using in app help feature to report issue.

I know that Quantum hardware gives more streaming options within app that legacy STBs

Notsa64

Instead of using the “watch now” feature try using “TV listings” and to the far right check the filters and make sure  “subscribed” and “watch now” are selected. It worked for me

0 Likes
chBisme
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, there's still no help on this. I see numerous people are having this problem, both here in this forum as well as in reviews logged about this app on the App Store (Mac). The only reply I've gotten about this was from a support ticket I submitted two weeks ago within the Fios TV App's support page itself was a curt "Just be patient." No other explanation, nor a friendly hint that they are working on fixing this glitch in the app. Not exactly a consumer friendly response. I return time to time to my support ticket there and there's nothing. Not a word. Just to repeat: The app insists I am out of home and not on my home FIOS TV wi-fi network, even though I am definitely on it. I am paying for FIOS Quantum Enhanced service, so I am entitled to my channels. 

0 Likes
Fios TV App
mendiratta

Since this morning my fios tv app on my iPad is missing some channels. The error message states OUT-OF-HOME Connect to home WiFi for all channels, problem is I am connected to home WiFi. I have rebooted Verizon modem, deleted and reloaded the fios tv app with no effect. My iPad has iOS 11.4 and fios tv app is 1.0. Anyone having similar problem, any solution or suggestion? Appreciate any input.

0 Likes
Re: Fios TV App
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had seen it on android. An update fixed it.

Use the in app trouble reporting feature to issue a ticket and see what you get for response.

Fios App Doesn't Recognize My Home Network
EileenN1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios app doesn't recognize my home network. What the heck is going on, I put the brand new app on my phone from the App Store it says the same thing. Verizon can't find the problem! What is error 1027 is anyone else having this issue with iPhone 6x or iPads???

Re: Fios App Doesn't Recognize My Home Network
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had a similar issue on android. An update corrected issue.

Did you report via the app?