Unacceptable freezing
dlm829

I can't figure out why I upgraded... This system is terrible.. For 3+ months the thing freezes 5 times per day and has to reboot.  Techs been here 4 times.  New boxes, new splitters... none of it matters.   Biggest scam on Earth.   Anyone know how to fix this? I have been on tech support a bazillion times and noone can help!

0 Likes
Re: Unacceptable freezing
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@dlm829 wrote:

I can't figure out why I upgraded... This system is terrible.. For 3+ months the thing freezes 5 times per day and has to reboot.  Techs been here 4 times.  New boxes, new splitters... none of it matters.   Biggest scam on Earth.   Anyone know how to fix this? I have been on tech support a bazillion times and noone can help!

Is it the VMS or the mini that are freezing?

0 Likes
dlm829

All!!   On Demand/Netflix all the time   ...   and then just randomly the box loses connection and has to reboot every 90 min

It's the most horrible cable ever     ..   you just look forward to the "pause"     currently researching alternative services..   11 years with verizon .. no problems..   then i switch and all hell breaks loose..  very disheartening 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@dlm829 wrote:

All!!   On Demand/Netflix all the time   ...   and then just randomly the box loses connection and has to reboot every 90 min

It's the most horrible cable ever     ..   you just look forward to the "pause"     currently researching alternative services..   11 years with verizon .. no problems..   then i switch and all hell breaks loose..  very disheartening 

Next time it freezes go to menu>customer support >my dashboard >my connected devices and see if the boxes are showing a good internet connection. If the connections are good, then the problem is most likely an ONT or fiber issue.

0 Likes
dlm829

ok will check

0 Likes
dlm829

couldnt even get to dashboard..  couldnt access widget..   router was plugged in and working..

0 Likes
dlm829

just froze again.. all network connections good in house and ONT..   

whats the deal

0 Likes
dlm829

Is this an issue with box or fiber...    i really need this to be fixed or i will have to find another provider

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dlm829,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes