Unfavorable TV service I have ever seen
mpeeling
Enthusiast - Level 2

FIOS is the most unfavorable service I have ever had and I have had several over the years.

The TV service freezes and is pixelated. Then when you try to fix the problem with the support site you cannot chat with anyone because the chat window doesn't work. If you call you get someone that reads from a book and has no idea what do to because their next response is not printed in a book.

Then I tried the support online and it takes me through a series of questions that are totally unrelated to the equipment I have. 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unfavorable TV service I have ever seen
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mpeeling wrote:

I asked for coax but according to the tech, it should work fine. Well, it doesn't.  Its interesting that any streaming service Roku etc.. works flawlessly but this device doesn't. What does that say?

It’s possible we other users might be able to help resolve this issue.  If you’d like to do that, please read and respond.  I will say I find the FiOS ONE boxes and TV service works well, both with wired and WiFi connected devices.  Many other people have no issues with the system.

The issue sounds like a problem with the WiFi signal at one box.  If you have a WiFi connected Roku or other streaming box and can move it to the same location, that will be a good test to determine if it’s a signal issue.

Another test is to switch the troublesome box from WiFi to wired.  You can connect it to Ethernet or Coax, whichever is easier.  Unplug the box, connect it to Ethernet or coax, then plug it back in and it will switch automatically.

You could also move the suspect box to another location where you know it gets good WiFi or can wire it up.  If it still doesn’t work well, you probably have a bad box and need to contact Verizon.  Try @VerizonSupport on Twitter or the VZ Direct forum at DSL Reports (https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect).  Either shoud get you better support then calling them.

Good Luck.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

FiOS does use coax from ONT to the VMS.

The latest IPCs can use wireless.

Are you having issues with the VMS PQ as well? Or just the remotes?

mpeeling
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just the wireless set top box

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wireless is not guaranteed.

Just like any wireless signal, it can be problematic.

These boxes will also work off ethernet or coax if available.

mpeeling
Enthusiast - Level 2

I asked for coax but according to the tech, it should work fine. Well, it doesn't.  Its interesting that any streaming service Roku etc.. works flawlessly but this device doesn't. What does that say?

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mpeeling wrote:

It’s possible we other users might be able to help resolve this issue.  If you’d like to do that, please read and respond.  I will say I find the FiOS ONE boxes and TV service works well, both with wired and WiFi connected devices.  Many other people have no issues with the system.

The issue sounds like a problem with the WiFi signal at one box.  If you have a WiFi connected Roku or other streaming box and can move it to the same location, that will be a good test to determine if it’s a signal issue.

Another test is to switch the troublesome box from WiFi to wired.  You can connect it to Ethernet or Coax, whichever is easier.  Unplug the box, connect it to Ethernet or coax, then plug it back in and it will switch automatically.

You could also move the suspect box to another location where you know it gets good WiFi or can wire it up.  If it still doesn’t work well, you probably have a bad box and need to contact Verizon.  Try @VerizonSupport on Twitter or the VZ Direct forum at DSL Reports (https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect).  Either shoud get you better support then calling them.

Good Luck.

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have coax available in the location of the box?

If so, then you can hook it up yourself.