Unfriendly Verizon business practices / 24 hour new contract grace period for existing customers onl
VerizonCustomer20

I have been a loyal Verizon customer for more than 7 years. I never complained about the quality of service and was perfectly happy with my Double Play 25/25 Mbps Internet and Ultimatum HD. When my contract expired my rate went up by $10.00, but I didn’t complain about it.

Two weeks later a Verizon representative showed up at my house and offered a new contract with better services for less money. I said why not, if I’m not happy I can always get back to what I had. After he left, I noticed that my TV signal was worse than it was before with visible pixilation and flat colors. When I called technical support, I was told that this can be easily resolved. Two days later, a technician showed up at my house and replaced my media center and network center…everything looked perfect… except my Tv signal with visible pixilation.

I immediately called Verizon Customer service and requested to be switched back to my old setup….to my surprise, I was told that it’s only possible if I pay $50.00 more for the same services I had before the switch. It sounded like a rip off to me so I asked for a new contract cancellation, thinking I have a 14 days grace period stated on Verizon website. But here comes the biggest surprise of all – it’s for NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY! If you’re a loyal existing customer you only have 24 hour ….and I’m still under contract for the next 24 months regardless if I like Verizon services or not and regardless if Verizon is able to improve my TV signal or not.

I’m not sure what to call this entire story…false representative advertising practices? Discrimination practices for existing customers? No matter the name, Verizon lost another loyal customer.

0 Likes
Re: Unfriendly Verizon business practices / 24 hour new contract grace period for existing customers
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes