Universal Remote not working
tglynos

The TV light on my fios universal remote stays on and cannot be turned off unless I remove batteries.  I tried to reset the remote to factory settings but there was no response on the remote and I used another remote in the house which does work.  Is there anything else I can do, or can I have a new one sent to me?  Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Universal Remote not working
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
Re: Universal Remote not working
PJL
Master - Level 3

@tglynos wrote:

The TV light on my fios universal remote stays on and cannot be turned off unless I remove batteries.  I tried to reset the remote to factory settings but there was no response on the remote and I used another remote in the house which does work.  Is there anything else I can do, or can I have a new one sent to me?  Thank you.

I've seen this with weak batteries.  Eventually the batteries full die and the unit shuts off.  If new batteries don't solve the issue, you can order one from the STB main menu customer support area, or online in myverizon.

The reply from the moderator (which looks like a cut and paste) doens't help much, does it?  Hopefully my suggestions will.

0 Likes
Re: Universal Remote not working so well - Socumentation is lousy
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes