Unresponsive set top box
DarL2

Intermittently the set top box fails to react on channel change, record, exit, etc.  Sometimes it will execute after 15 seconds or so, sometimes it just doesn't respond at all.  This just started happening after my new neighbor installed verizon.  Previously the next house had been on Cox.  I've tried to handle the problem on line, but the verizon site keeps dropping me.  I can sign in on one page, then get asked to sign in again and in the process am dropped. GRRRR

0 Likes
Re: Unresponsive set top box
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Coincidence or not, if this is with Verizon FiOS TV and not for example, with the Satellite TV offering on the copper end of things you may wish to ask around here, or have a moderator move your thread into here: http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-TV-Technical-Assistance/bd-p/FiOS_TV

There have been some threads floating around about poor STB response, which Verizon is working to address.

0 Likes
britishrich
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had the same thing, and mine also got worse when my neighbor got Verizon.

If you call they will just try and tell you to BUY upgraded equipment over and over, OR send you to a store for a 'new' box, which in my case turned out to be the exact same box (model) and refurbs, not even new in ANY sense of the word.

(The guy at the store said he had never even seen a "new" box in his store!)

I only got resolution when I gave up and called to cancel my TV completely (and I meant it!) magically the 'save' team had a tech at my house that night, with a brand new 500GB upgraded box for free.

When the tech arrived and I told him what it was doing he told me "sounds like you need a new box" without even flinching, and he was on his way 5 minutes later, job done. After 3 months I finally had a functional box.

So it took several chats and calls and a few wasted hours of my life to finally get the appropriate response.

I now only have the occasional glitch which is normal in any equipment from any provider.

Another massive PITA that could and should have been resolved first time around.

0 Likes
britishrich
Enthusiast - Level 3

PS - The website is horrible for just about anything.

I can't even use my favorite/bookmark to pay my bill because it changes every bloody month!

0 Likes