Updates to FIOS Quantum Router to allow parental controls
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just saw this:

Posted here because of support for limiting MyFIOS APP

As of 1/23 our customers who have the FiOS Quantum Gateway router will now have access to a number of new parental controls and guest Wi-Fi capabilities. With this latest router update, parents can easily grant or restrict Internet access to any device on their home FiOS network. Additionally, parents are now able to set daily time limits on network-connected devices for management of screen-time.

The update will be rolling out over the next few days to residential and small-business customers who already have the FiOS Quantum Gateway.

Parental Controls

• Manage children’s Internet usage on a per device basis so you can minimize binge TV watching!
  • Establish parental control rules conveniently from the MyFiOS App, whether you’re home on the go
  • Grant or limit Internet access for any connected device in your home which is perfect during final exam and PSAT preparation.
  • Set daily or weekly time limits on any connected device in your home.

Guest Wi-Fi 

• Grant guests access to your home or business Wi-Fi through an independent guest network connection.
  • Guest users are able to access the guest Wi-Fi network with their own username and password.
  • FiOS guest Guest Wi-Fi networks are made secure with WPA2 encryption as well.
  • FiOS customers no longer have to grant guests access to their private home or business networks. They can simply see the visiting device and grant access.
Re: Updates to FIOS Quantum Router to allow parental controls
ganesansgi

This posting says that you should be able to set time limits for internet access via parental control. All I see in the parental control is a start/end time, not a way to limit by minutes/hours. Does anyone know how to set hourly limit on usage?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@ganesansgi wrote:

This posting says that you should be able to set time limits for internet access via parental control. All I see in the parental control is a start/end time, not a way to limit by minutes/hours. Does anyone know how to set hourly limit on usage?

I don't think there is such an option on the routers.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be a wording thing.

You can control during what time of day Internet is available.

But there isn't an option to set timelimits (ie you get so many hours a day or week) to use Internet.

0 Likes
kj20001

Can I restrict access to particular sites?  Can I monitor the amount of time spent on particular sites?  ...like video game sites?

0 Likes