Upgrade FIOS TV from Prime HD to Extreme HD and Internet from 50/25 to 150/65
phurrballe1

I upgraded my service and was informed my service would take place on 4/11/2013. I have 3 boxes in my home and none of them are receiving the new channels.  As of today, it still has not been upgraded yet i am being billed.  I used th eonline chat and the fellow could not find the issue. he then told me to pull out all the cables, check the pins, replace if bent with new ones ...etc. I can see if the boxes did not work before OR if only one box was defective - but none of them work withe the new channels!!!! How could all three boxes have bent pins. My internet is still the old speed. I am very frustrated and now have to spend time hanging on the phone with support.  Has anyone experienced this? Thank you

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade FIOS TV from Prime HD to Extreme HD and Internet from 50/25 to 150/65
PJL
Master - Level 3

@phurrballe wrote:

I upgraded my service and was informed my service would take place on 4/11/2013. I have 3 boxes in my home and none of them are receiving the new channels.  As of today, it still has not been upgraded yet i am being billed.  I used th eonline chat and the fellow could not find the issue. he then told me to pull out all the cables, check the pins, replace if bent with new ones ...etc. I can see if the boxes did not work before OR if only one box was defective - but none of them work withe the new channels!!!! How could all three boxes have bent pins. My internet is still the old speed. I am very frustrated and now have to spend time hanging on the phone with support.  Has anyone experienced this? Thank you

When I did a package change in January it was flawless.  The changes were completed by 6am.

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade FIOS TV from Prime HD to Extreme HD and Internet from 50/25 to 150/65
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have found the folks on twitter to be very helpful.

Not quite as immediate aphone support but just a few minutes typically.

0 Likes
phurrballe1

Thank you. I expected the same. I had no other complaints with my service prior to this.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

Another thought -- did you have ethernet from the ONT to your router for the old speed?  I think 150 requires ethernet, which usually requires a technician visit.  Something may be messed up with your order if you did not have Ethernet.  My changes in January required no visit -- a TV package change, an Internet speed increase, and switch to digitial voice.

0 Likes
phurrballe1

Hi - no, I did not have anything additional supplied by Verizon. I would have expected that when I placed the order that I should have been informed that I would need additional hardware. That would be poor customer service on their part if I need it and they did not let me know. i am STILL trying to get it resolved. If it were not for the fact that prior to this I loved the service, I would go back to cable.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi phurrballe,

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".  There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

phurrballe,

Since we haven't heard back from you or received the form submission as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. If you need any future help with your Verizon service, please make a post here on the forums so we can assist.

- Joseph_VZ

0 Likes