Upgrade to HD set top box - website
jjd6
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have spent at least 30 minutes on the Verizon website trying to figure out how to upgrade one of my set top boxes from Standard Def to HD.  Cant find it anywhere.  You would think they would really want that to stand out as a feature!!  I guess I request a repair -- but even that looks confusing.  Verizon could do better.

Re: Upgrade to HD set top box - website
Hubrisnxs
Legend

from the verizon home
I click on

• my services
  • television
  • scroll down to equipment and click manage
  • then select equipment add on's 
  • and then learn more under FiOS TV Equipment

Fiost TV equipment has a description of "Get the equipment you need, and get the most, out of your service.

Add a Set Top Box"

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

from the Verizon home
I click on

• my services
  • television
  • scroll down to equipment and click manage
  • then select equipment add on's 
  • and then learn more under FiOS TV Equipment

Fiost TV equipment has a description of "Get the equipment you need, and get the most, out of your service.

Add a Set Top Box"

Or

When you login to MyVerizon, you can click on "My Services".

To the right the right side of your screen you will see an icon that looks like a remote control labeled Equipment.
Click on Equipment, and it will allow you to display your current equipment, and also select or change to new equipment.

Also you can look at the Verizon Store locator page. Verizon will charge a shipping fee to deliver new equipment, but I do not believe there is a fee for returning equipment. Verizon will send a return box with a shipping label, or you can take the hardware to any UPS store. Be sure to keep a copy of the box serial number, return label and or UPS tracking number.

Here is the link to the store locator which could be more convenient depending on your location. If you go to the store, be sure your returned box receipt has the correct serial number on it for the hardware returned. (Get a receipt!)

http://www22.verizon.com/home/storelocator/

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@jjd wrote:

I have spent at least 30 minutes on the Verizon website trying to figure out how to upgrade one of my set top boxes from Standard Def to HD.  Cant find it anywhere.  You would think they would really want that to stand out as a feature!!  I guess I request a repair -- but even that looks confusing.  Verizon could do better.

Hello,

Just to clarify what other posters have stated:

you can order a new set top box:

- over the phone

- at a local Verizon FiOS store

To return a set top box, you can:

- send the STB back with a postage-paid cardboard box and return label

- drop off the STB at a local UPS store (keep the UPS tracking number and note the STB serial number of your returned item)

- drop off the STB at a local FiOS store (obtain a receipt with a date and list of STBs being returned)

The advantage of speaking with a customer service representative is that they can review your account and mention any pertinent promotions as well.

If you order online or over the phone, you can have the new set top box shipped to your home or you can choose store pick-up to avoid shipping charges.

Here is a list of local FiOS stores in your area:  http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/TV/FiOSTV/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

The above is a shorter list than the link provided earlier for the store locator as it does not include the Wireless Kiosks/Stores.  You cannot drop off/pick up equipment at the wireless stores, only at the FiOS stores.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
w_chau

be careful when you go into the Fios store.  i just got off the phone and am truly angered. 

about 2 wks ago, i went to exchange my standard def box for an hd box in the Fios store.  i didn't realize that i should have received 2 seperate receipts (1 for taking the new hd box, and 1 for the return of the old box).  looking at my online account, i still show my SD STB on my account and still am being charged for it...

just called customer service, and they weren't much help... called the store and they are saying there is no record of me returning the box on that day.  Man Mad i honestly thought that the exchange of the two boxes happened on the same receipt...

i will have to wait a few more weeks to see if the box eventually hits the warehouse, but i have a really bad feeling that the box ended up on ebay already... i may have to escalate this up the chain...

0 Likes
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@w_chau wrote:

be careful when you go into the Fios store.  i just got off the phone and am truly angered. 

about 2 wks ago, i went to exchange my standard def box for an hd box in the Fios store.  i didn't realize that i should have received 2 seperate receipts (1 for taking the new hd box, and 1 for the return of the old box).  looking at my online account, i still show my SD STB on my account and still am being charged for it...

just called customer service, and they weren't much help... called the store and they are saying there is no record of me returning the box on that day.  Man Mad i honestly thought that the exchange of the two boxes happened on the same receipt...

i will have to wait a few more weeks to see if the box eventually hits the warehouse, but i have a really bad feeling that the box ended up on ebay already... i may have to escalate this up the chain...

Hello,

As with any company, if you encounter an issue with a transaction or how a transaction was handled, then have it escalated to the Manager of the Department involved.  I would call that FiOS store you visited and ask to speak with the Manager directly. They would likely have a way of determining the status of the standard STB (whether it's at warehouse or still active).

Also, a receipt is your record that the transaction was processed. This would be the same if you dropped off the equipment at the UPS store or sent it back by mail (a tracking number or return label would have been provided); there is documentation showing that an item was returned.

Lastly, as with any other company, employees usually treat company property, tools and equipment with care and respect; hence, taking company property is a no-no and considered as stealing in ANY organization.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

w_chau,

We sent you a message on our private support board to assist you and we did not receive a response.  Please repost the issue if you are still experiencing a problem so that we may assist you.  Tonya C.

0 Likes
123Flowers

I upgraded my top box to HD a few weeks back for our TV in the garage.  It arrived and was much smaller than the previous SD box, kind of blah looking, black in color, nothing special, especially for the extra I am to pay for it..it did not no longer display the time. I really depended on the time that was always displayed, this bothered me & thought maybe the unit wasnt working correctly.  I called a Fios representive, explained my situation & he TOLD me that the new,HD unit/top box does NOT display the time anymore, they've "done away with that feature"....so I visit my parents last week b/c my Dad wants me to help him connect his new DVD player to his new HD TV and he had some quesitons about the settings on his NEW HD top box. When I see his HD top box its about the same as my old SD box except its a very sharp silver color...and low & behold....IT DISPALYS THE TIME!!!! So I know what the response here is going to be....call the Fios reprentative AGAIN....REALLY?! This is extremely annoying....

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

The quantum boxes do have time display back.  Of course their is extra cost for the VMS (DVR) with quantum, and you must have a VMS with QUantum.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes