Upgraded DVR Box, Now saying not subscribed
jly0784
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i went to watch BEIN sports, and it says i need to upgrade my box. i did so and now its saying im not subscribed to verizon... i pay $260 a month for this??? i returned the box i got when i intially switched for another one, thats 3 boxes todsay, and ironically the first one was the only one that has worked.. i find this completely unacceptable and will be switching to either comcast or directv as soon as i can

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded DVR Box, Now saying not subscribed
prisaz
Legend

If you keep switching boxes in a relative short periods of time, I can seen where that could be causing activation problems where not all the subscription data is being sent to the box.

You may be able to go to the menu settings help and or in home agent, the try the auto correct feature.

If that does not work, connect tech support. DO NOT let them escalate the issue and blow you off for a few days, or call you back for something that should be a simple fix while on the phone. Tell them what you have gone through, and insist on speaking to a manager, or a higher level of support NOW. Let them know how you feel, and that this type of service for your TV, and support is totally unacceptable.

Try to be as polite as possible, but firm. Remember the next person you speak with, may be much better at solving your issue, and may l not be the person you had previously dealt with.

Fiber Solutions Center

888-533-1555

PS.

Sample issue. My son was a new FiOS customer, had a DVR that was not getting all the subscribed channels, I called support for him, because they escalated the issue with a estimated repair date three days out! They looked at the account, and then the hardware activation data for the box, then sent a refresh signal to the DVR. He arrived home, pulled the power plug because it was still not getting all the channels, plugged it back in a minute later, and all was better after the box restarted..New boxes with different serial numbers, may may not always get the subscription data sent properly, if someone fat fingers one character.

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded DVR Box, Now saying not subscribed
PJL
Master - Level 3

@jly0784 wrote:

So i went to watch BEIN sports, and it says i need to upgrade my box. i did so and now its saying im not subscribed to verizon... i pay $260 a month for this??? i returned the box i got when i intially switched for another one, thats 3 boxes todsay, and ironically the first one was the only one that has worked.. i find this completely unacceptable and will be switching to either comcast or directv as soon as i can

You might try the following.  It resets subscription information in the STB.  I used it successfully when I had a similar problem with HBO.

1. On your FiOS TV Remote, press STB then press MENU.
2. Scroll down and select settings.
3. Next, highlight system information.
4. Now press on remote 4883 then OK. Then press 2601 and then OK.