Upgraded DVR - cannot watch DVR'd programs on another STB/TV in the house.
JeffCoops
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my DVR to 500 Gb and no complaints.   I can watch programs on the new DVR without issue. Our  STB in another room does not seem to allow us to watch DVR programs when it used to with the old DVR. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you !

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgraded DVR - cannot watch DVR'd programs on another STB/TV in the house.
Justin46
Legend

@JeffCoops wrote:

Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded my DVR to 500 Gb and no complaints.   I can watch programs on the new DVR without issue. Our  STB in another room does not seem to allow us to watch DVR programs when it used to with the old DVR. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you !

Do you have the multi-room service on the new DVR? When I replaced my old multi-room DVR with a new DVR the multi-room service did not automatically transfer, I had to contact Verizon to get it switched.

On the DVR, if you go into the Menu and:

Customer Support ==> Self Diagnostics

Under Packages does it show MRDVR Ready? If not I am pretty sure you do not have the multi-room support activated on that DVR.

Also, under DVR in the main Menu on the DVR, there is an option called Fix Multi-Room DVR; have you run that? If not I suggest you do so.

And one last thing, also under DVR, then Settings, is an option fopr Multi-Room DVR Settings. If you have older QIP2500 P1 or P2 model STBs, you need to run this dialog for them to have access to the DVR.

Beyond the above, I am for now out of ideas....

Keller, TX 76248

View solution in original post

Justin46
Legend

@JeffCoops wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you !

Do you have the multi-room service on the new DVR? When I replaced my old multi-room DVR with a new DVR the multi-room service did not automatically transfer, I had to contact Verizon to get it switched.

On the DVR, if you go into the Menu and:

Customer Support ==> Self Diagnostics

Under Packages does it show MRDVR Ready? If not I am pretty sure you do not have the multi-room support activated on that DVR.

Also, under DVR in the main Menu on the DVR, there is an option called Fix Multi-Room DVR; have you run that? If not I suggest you do so.

And one last thing, also under DVR, then Settings, is an option fopr Multi-Room DVR Settings. If you have older QIP2500 P1 or P2 model STBs, you need to run this dialog for them to have access to the DVR.

Beyond the above, I am for now out of ideas....

Keller, TX 76248

JeffCoops
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you Justin !!! I did not seem to fix my issue but I appreciate your help !

0 Likes