Upgraded to Quantum... Missing Widgets, glitches on watching recorded programs
brinklyr
Just upgraded to Fios Quantum - loving the speed and better DVR capabilities. However, I am very DISAPPONTED to see that only 9 widgets are supported, only 2 of which I will use. Please tell me that you are going to be bringing back the widgets that are advertised on your website widget guide (approx. 40). Customers should have been made aware that this equipment upgrade would result in loss of this functionality (even if temporary). I am paying more for this upgrade and was not provided this information. Sneaky, in my opinion and I've been a loyal customer. FYI, I called customer service to inquire about the missing widgets and was told that they were not supported. Had to research the issue on my own to find other similar complaints. So others looking at Quantum, be aware if you are thinking the widgets they have listed will work for you. I am loving the DVR service and speed.... for now will just have to use Roku for my apps. My son is going to miss the baseball widget though.
Also, I am seeing some glitches while fast forwarding, skipping DVR'd shows (for example we started watching a recorded baseball game while it was still recording... an hour into the game. Usually we have no issues fast forwarding through commercials or slow parts of the game. But this time it kept skipping BACK when we tried to fast forward... repeatedly happened as we got closer to "live").  Research on these forums shows it's a known problem that will hopefully be resolved on next update.
0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Quantum... Missing Widgets, glitches on watching recorded programs
YankeesFan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having these exact same issues.  Took them forever to deploy, I don't get how they could have this many issues.  The skipping issue while watching a show that is still recording gets really annoying.

0 Likes
Re: Upgraded to Quantum... Missing Widgets, glitches on watching recorded programs
TurboJoe1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son and I noticed the same thing when watching something while it was still recording.  It only happneed to us if we tried to Skip forward, but if we just did a Fast Forward it was fine and wouldnt jump way back to a spot we had already watched. We don't watch stuff while it is still recording too often but it is still very annoying.

0 Likes
alanm47
Contributor - Level 1

I also have the skip ahead problem as well as other issues with the new Quantum service. I contacted tech support and all they would say is that it is a "Known Issue" and they have NO idea when or if it would be fixed. Do  you just love being a Beta tester for Verizon and paying them to do it? Why does Verizon sell a service that they know doesn't work properly?

0 Likes