Upgrading/Adding TV Service Through Web Site?
MikeJ

I've only had FIOS TV a couple of weeks and I'm starting to get a little frustrated with the experience.  Can you actually do anything using the web site?  I've been trying to get into my account and it seems it has one problem after another. The last time I had to call into customer support I was told they were doing some upgrades and that was probably why.  It's been over a week and it's still not fixed.  I called and tried to upgrade the standard STB I have to a HD and add another HD box but they had my records messed up and actually had to fake the system out by sending me the same type boxes I had, which I was suppose to refuse to accept when they showed up, then I could upgrade my service. UPS showed up and said he was there to pick up two boxes for Verizon. I told him I didn't have anything for him to pick up and he was suppose to have something for me to refuse, which he didn't.

It's such a pain getting through the animated voice prompting system to actually talk to a human, so I really do not want to do that if I don't have too. So I've been trying to find a way to upgrade or order new equipment through their web site. But I can't find where I saw it one tme when I was going through all the pages trying to find it.

Can you order or upgrade an existing FIOS TV acount on their web site or does it have to be done over the phone?  It's nice having a  good clear signal, but I'm beginning to think the pain that goes with it, at least in the beginning might not be worth it. 

Mike 

0 Likes
Re: Upgrading/Adding TV Service Through Web Site?
mmoris5820
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate to break it to you, but it doesn't get any better regarding their customer no-service.

See my post, Subject: Customer No-Service

0 Likes
MikeJ

You could have lied, you know. Some of us can't handle the truth.

Smiley Wink

Actually, I think they are like a lot of companies... they have a lot of good hard working people that do try to give the best service they can.  It's just to bad that sometimes it takes work to find one of those people to take care of problems and make for a happy customer. 

Mike 

0 Likes
mmoris5820
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I finally found that person.  If anyone needs help, contact "Techman28" on these forums.  He set me up today and actually got a tech out to me the same day when one of their managers was telling me that she couldn't get anyone out to me until July 8th.

Techman28 is the man!

0 Likes