Upgrading DVR from 7216 to 7232-P2: Do I lose everything? (and another question)
jscooper22
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hi All, So, I have a couple questions before ordering an upgraded box: 1. As the title suggests, do I lose what's on my current DVR if I upgrade? Or is there was way to transfer the recordings to the new box so i don't need to lose anything or wait until some time when i have little or nothing to lose? 2. I can't seem to find specifically what the 7232 has that the 7216 doesn't. Is there page listing what exactly is different other than just "newer is better"? If not, can someone tell me how the HD sizes compare? Thanks!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading DVR from 7216 to 7232-P2: Do I lose everything? (and another question)
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

1 - All content (recordings) on the old DVR (as well as favorites and all settings) can't be transferred.

2 - the 7232 has a faster processor, more internal memory (RAM), and a 500G hard drive instead of the 160G that your 7216 has.

View solution in original post

Re: Upgrading DVR from 7216 to 7232-P2: Do I lose everything? (and another question)
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

1 - All content (recordings) on the old DVR (as well as favorites and all settings) can't be transferred.

2 - the 7232 has a faster processor, more internal memory (RAM), and a 500G hard drive instead of the 160G that your 7216 has.

jscooper22
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the info!

0 Likes