Re: Use my OWN M-Card?
PJL
Master - Level 3

In my opinion, the cable card is not part of the STB or device.  It is just another piece of equipment that is required to make the STB or device functional, just like the cable necessary to connect it to the TV. 

The FCC rule has been out since 2011. If the OP's interpretation were correct then people would have already been allowed to use their "own" cable as a challenge to the violation of the "spirit and intent" would have already been brought and settled.  It would be great if we could all use our own cable cards, but that's not the way it works.  Again, IMHO.

0 Likes
SoNi67
Contributor - Level 1

Update:

I did try to activate the new card. Techician took my numbers, but the system didn't activate it, because the card serial numbar wasn't in their database.

I did put a question in the FCC complains to see what is their oppinion about this issue. If they answer, I'll post it here.

0 Likes
markts1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone picked up a cablecard from the VZ store?  The online person claims I would be able to do that (and avoid the exorbitant $20 shipping fee) but  "there mustn't be any stores in your area with one."  I don't exactly live out on the country, so I have a hard time believing that.

0 Likes
JillOfAllTrades
Enthusiast - Level 1

It doesn't matter whether there's "one in your area or not," Verizon can ship it to that store. I'm about to go pick one up at the retail store for our area. The current monthly rental fee ($4.99) will be added to the next bill but the shipping charge is free. The agent allowed a couple of weeks for the card to be shipped and for me to pick it up. If I activate the card prior to the new billing date, there'll be an adjustment to make up for the earlier activation. Oh goodie--they're so thoughtful!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes