User ID for remote dvr access is wrong. Is it possible to change it?
justochristo

Hello,

I ordered FIOS TV and internet for my dad around 9 months ago and used our business name as the user id/login for the account. Approximately 3 months ago, we had the service moved a short distance and because of some screw ups, instead of doing a transfer of service, Verizon had to stop and restart as a new account. When it was time to choose a username for this new account, I was unable to use the name of the business again so I just stuck a 1 on the end of it.

Now here's my problem, I don't have the ability to use remote dvr because the old username (without the 1) is the one listed in the "web access" portion in the remote dvr section in the STB. I would like to change it to the new username (with the 1 on the end). Is it possible for me to accomplish this without spending any time on the phone?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: User ID for remote dvr access is wrong. Is it possible to change it?
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@justochristo wrote:

Hello,

I ordered FIOS TV and internet for my dad around 9 months ago and used our business name as the user id/login for the account. Approximately 3 months ago, we had the service moved a short distance and because of some screw ups, instead of doing a transfer of service, Verizon had to stop and restart as a new account. When it was time to choose a username for this new account, I was unable to use the name of the business again so I just stuck a 1 on the end of it.

Now here's my problem, I don't have the ability to use remote dvr because the old username (without the 1) is the one listed in the "web access" portion in the remote dvr section in the STB. I would like to change it to the new username (with the 1 on the end). Is it possible for me to accomplish this without spending any time on the phone?

Thanks.

justochristo,

We can do what's called an IDScrub on the account to move the old UserID to the new account.  Let me know if you would like this done.  I can PM you a link to an online form so we can get the ball rolling.

Regards,

Chris