User Interface not showing/working
quinn234

About 3 months ago, one of the coax cables in my attic was snagged, and I didn't have the chance the get up there and fix it until today. When I finally fixed it, I turned on the stb that wasn't working and realized that the User Interface just flat out isn't working. The only buttons on my remote that appear to do anything are the Channel Up and Down, Power Button, and Number keys (although I can't see it responding on the tv, it will eventually switch to the channel that pressed). Is there any simple solution to this problem? Do I need a new box? Thanks in advance.

Edit - Just realized that the info button also does something. When I press it a white screen pops up asking me to set a parental control pin

0 Likes
Re: User Interface not showing/working
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Your box is currently downloading the new IMG software. Give it about 20 minutes; it will restart by itself and everything will be working. Do not unplug the power or coax cables.

0 Likes
quinn234

Oh ok, thanks for the reply. If it isn't fixed within an hour or 2 i'll reply back.

0 Likes
quinn234

Before you replied I had already tried resetting the box by unplugging it. Is that gonna hurt it or did it just restart the update?

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Nah, it'll just restart the process.

0 Likes
quinn234

It's been over 2 hours now and still no menus, could there be another issue? Is there a way to tell if it actualy is updating?

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

@quinn234 wrote:

It's been over 2 hours now and still no menus, could there be another issue? Is there a way to tell if it actualy is updating?

Now I would start to be concerned. Try the Set-top-box diagnosis page. If that doesn't work, the box may have to go back.

0 Likes
quinn234

That link isn't working for me, it's saying "Sorry! We're unable to continue."

Edit - Nevermind, It worked after a couple tries. It didn't fix the stb though. Looks like I'll have to get a new one. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
UnnDunn
Contributor - Level 3

Do leave the box plugged in until it's time to take it back. It's possible that the box will complete the download overnight or something.

0 Likes