Switch Account

Using Fios One Box to control TV volume

Using Fios One Box to control TV volume

SOLVED
Contributor tpea
Contributor
Message 1 of 3
(341 Views)

I think I did something wrong on set up.   How do I do I get my new remote to change the volume of my Samsung TV.  I think I messed up on the receiver question and and need to correct.  In menu/audio, I hit "variable" but still have no ability to change volume manually on my Fios One remote. Can you give me the step-by-step instructions? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
MVP CRobGauth MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3
(319 Views)

Volume on Stb needs to be set for fixed.

Does your remote operate other TV functions?

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
MVP clem53 MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3
(226 Views)

@tpea wrote:

I think I did something wrong on set up.   How do I do I get my new remote to change the volume of my Samsung TV.  I think I messed up on the receiver question and and need to correct.  In menu/audio, I hit "variable" but still have no ability to change volume manually on my Fios One remote. Can you give me the step-by-step instructions? Thank you.

Go back to the main menu, go to the voice control option, go to manually add device, add the make and model of your TV back in. The volume control you tried to use only affects the analog audio output.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.