Using Guide to view only subscribed channels
shaywood
Enthusiast - Level 2
Does anyone know how to set up the STB to only display the channels I subscribe to, instead of all the channels available?  DishNetwork, and others, allows viewers to simply view subscribed  channels so users don't waste their time viewing and trying to watch channels not available.
0 Likes
Re: Using Guide to view only subscribed channels
Techman28
Master - Level 1
the only current way to do this is to set up favorites.  Now the reason verizon doesn't do what DTV and others do is because we like to give the customer the option of ordering what they want from the box. I'm sure the others offer the same thing or something similiar but if you happen to see a flick from a long time ago and really want to see it and our billing office is closed at the time would that be worse?
0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Verizon had that option of hiding unwanted stations last year. They are working to bring it back on a future upgrade.
0 Likes
nascar
Master - Level 1

I hope so.  I need to remove the new NHL Center Ice channels.  Since I don't subscribe to them I see them in my schedule since I have NHL Hockey as a Series Recording.

@matcarl wrote:
Verizon had that option of hiding unwanted stations last year. They are working to bring it back on a future upgrade.
0 Likes
HowlingMad
Enthusiast - Level 2
It would also be nice for for an option of having content not on unsubscribed channels to not show up guide searches.